Paid Members FLips Posted December 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 11, 2024 Watching the Mega Powers unite and my wife asked of Hulk Hogan “is Hulk Hogan a bad guy? Is he the one that ate a pie off the floor?”. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted December 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 11, 2024 54 minutes ago, FLips said: Is he the one that ate a pie off the floor? Yappa pie? Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted December 11, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 11, 2024 10 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said: Yappa pie? No. We narrowed it down to maybe being a burger off the floor, and while she doesn’t think she was thinking of David Hasselhoff, she may have been thinking of reality star Trisha Paytas. I have no idea. Quote
The Reverend Posted December 12, 2024 Posted December 12, 2024 Just uploaded 10 minutes ago - the Vault is a gem that keeps on giving: So glad they're putting these individual matches on the Vault. SNME was a bit like the PPVs of the time - mainly shit in hindsight with a couple of nuggets of gold peeking out (for me the rose tinted glasses is because back in the 80s/90s you only saw major stars against each other on PPV and SNME so it was a real novelty) and trawling through each episode to find the decent matches is actually quite labourious. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted December 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 12, 2024 I've been watching this. I was very out through most of 2009 and 2010 so it's the first time I've seen most of this stuff. It was the first time I've seen anything at all from Mania 26, in fact. I was aware of the direction, particularly the Serena head shaving, but just wasn't watching at all back then. Some great promo work from Punk, obviously, and a really simple message that just gets good heat and is repeated pretty ad-nauseum. I like it. Funny when Punk starts wearing a mask, I had absolutely no recollection of ever seeing it. But then he's wearing the mask in the match with Cena that the Nexus interrupt for their debut which is definitely something I heard about and watched back then and something I've seen several times since. Think I must have wrestling Alzheimer's. Prob for the best. Quote
The Gaffer Posted December 12, 2024 Posted December 12, 2024 Hopefully Punk gets one big heel run in WWE along similar lines before he calls it a day. Straight Edge Society was absolutely perfect heel justification where it worked because you just know Punk at least to a certain extent believes everything he's saying. A Straight Edge Society style Punk telling buildings across America exactly why they're so misguided for following and enabling a toxic false idol like Cody Rhodes is something I'd very much be down for, if both of them are hot and getting the right reactions. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 12, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted December 12, 2024 The Big Show unmasking Punk was and still is extremely funny. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted December 12, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted December 12, 2024 Well worth a watch, this, an excellent documentary that doesn't miss much. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted December 20, 2024 Posted December 20, 2024 Oh hell yeah! Remember watching a fancam version of this ages ago. Tajiri is one of my favourites (and supremely underrated imo) so I'm looking forward to sticking this on later. Quote
Chili Posted December 22, 2024 Posted December 22, 2024 Get in! An amazing run, Steve Austin at his most raw, genuinely pissed off and with a real point to prove. His run is a brilliant example of what ECW offered at that time for the right talent. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted December 22, 2024 Posted December 22, 2024 45 minutes ago, Chili said: Get in! An amazing run, Steve Austin at his most raw, genuinely pissed off and with a real point to prove. His run is a brilliant example of what ECW offered at that time for the right talent. It's going to be 'ECW Week' on the WWE Vault channel. Will be a lot of well-known matches, docs and playlists like the above I'm sure, but they're also showing an RVD Vs. Kurt Angle ECW Title match from an ECW Arena house show in the summer of '06, which I believe has Dean Malenko as the special guest referee. Quote
jm29195 Posted December 23, 2024 Posted December 23, 2024 They've just put up a 20min plus title match with HHH vs Taijiri from Japan in 2003. Love it! Quote
Chili Posted December 24, 2024 Posted December 24, 2024 Some of those Broken Skull sessions are proper shite but the Bret one is brilliant. I really enjoy how much they really enjoy each others company, brings out a better interview in Bret. Good stuff this. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted December 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 25, 2024 They’ve uploaded the Tajiri vs Super Crazy ‘Mexican Death Match’ from January 2000. I reviewed this ages ago somewhere on here. Love this match. Legitimately one of my favourite ECW matches ever and definitely my favourite of the Tajiri-Crazy series. ? Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted December 26, 2024 Posted December 26, 2024 I love/hate how filthy ECW's rings and ringside looked. Its just pure grime, Like you'd need a tetanus after being around it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.