Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
42 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I don't remember him standing out very much or being of any note during his ROH stint. He was just another guy there, really.

I thought he was decent as a reflection of the ROH product at the time. He had some cracking matches with Nigel McGuiness when he broke out in 2008, and I think my favourite of his run was in 2010 against skinny Chris Hero.

Posted
3 hours ago, thatvinylgeek said:

How was he perceived when he was wrestling as Tyler Black (I think) in ROH? Was he one of these that people always thought could do well in the WWE such as AJ? Or more your generic ROH workrate and/or spot wrestler that somehow caught attention?

I didn't watch much ROH when he was around, so interested to see if it was seen as an exciting prospect when he signed and was brought up.

 

From what I can remember he was thought of as an absolute top tier prospect at the the time here. And a huge pick up for whoever signed him by pretty much everyone.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I liked watching ROH for those kind of spot fest matches that Rollins was in at the time. You knew what you was getting with ROH and PWG, and that’s fine to watch every now and then.

I really liked his Tyler Black run. Thought he was great. Had some crackers with Nigel McGuinness, Kevin Steen, Chris Hero. Teaming with Jimmy Jacobs against Steen and Generico, Briscoes etc. He wasn’t as annoying then, no stupid laugh or facial expressions. His knees still worked. Was presented as a huge prospect for them and got over with the fans.

So, I was excited when he came to WWE and enjoyed his initial NXT run and then with The Shield on the main roster. The first big heel turn was done so well, but then it stared to go downhill. Got worse after the cash in. And he’s become one of the worst characters in wrestling who I would like to see fuck off fior good.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Was it Rollins who was the head of that Age Of The Fall group? I remember having the DVD of their debut and that being the last ROH show I actually bought the disc for. 2025 brain wants to tell me he had the Rollins Cackle even then.

He was part of The Shield so a bit of me must always like him, but it’s been so long since I’ve liked anything Rollins did. It’s that stupid, stupid “woah oh oh” the crowds have to do for him. Puts me right off. Oh, and his awful outfits. And the Cackle. Actually, I think on the rare Netflix shows I’ve given a try, I’ve skipped through anything Rollins.

Maybe I don’t like him at all.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think Jimmy Jacobs was the leader of AOTF, whilst Rollins was just the worker of the group. I want it known that I've hated the guy ever since his RoH debut, I thought that faction was rotten.

Posted
14 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Was he (Rollins/Black) the guy who was suspended by meat hooks?

I only remember Zandig doing that with them all in his back, but Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs hung one of the Briscoes who bled all over and into the mouth of the latter. If that's what you're thinking of?

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I only remember Zandig doing that with them all in his back, but Tyler Black and Jimmy Jacobs hung one of the Briscoes who bled all over and into the mouth of the latter. If that's what you're thinking of?

May well be, it does ring a bell. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Jimmy Jacobs was the leader of The Age of the Fall. They arrived after the Briscoes vs Steen and Generico Ladder War match. That was the debut of Tyler Black. Necro Butcher was part of the early group. They then hung Jay Briscoe upside down on the rig that held the tag belts while Jimmy Jacobs cut a promo standing under him. Briscoes blood covering Jacobs white suit and his face. It was certainly a visual. And yes, into his mouth also.

A real random collection of wrestlers in that group. Lacey, Leva Bates, Joey Matthews, Brodie Lee and Zach Gowan. An eclectic bunch. Sunny was part of their storyline too. Offering them sex to join the group.

I was a huge fan of the whole group and their storylines, as mental as it was. 

Edited by TheBurningRed
  • Paid Members
Posted
19 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Sunny was part of their storyline too. Offering them sex to join the group.

Sunny and Austin Aries were certainly talents I’d never expected to see interact.

  • Paid Members
Posted

For me, the greatest moment of Seth Rollins' career was the RKO they pulled off at WrestleMania 31. I'll give him a tonne of credit for that. Just a shame what came later in the show.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...