Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Unintentional or not, Mark Henry has quickly became one of my favourite characters in wrestling. I’m going to send him the most basic, generic Christmas card in a few weeks. He’ll be delighted.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Most wrestlers these days are theatre kids at heart and are desperate to do weird, dark and moody characters. Give them any excuse and they'll jump right into it.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Most wrestlers these days are theatre kids at heart and are desperate to do weird, dark and moody characters.

Most of them always were; I remember about seven or eight years ago having a run of newbies turning up to training who all wanted to be Dean Ambrose. We thought it was weird, until the older ones among us all realised that he was to them what Raven had been to us, and to the slightly older ones it was Brian Pillman. I imagine to the subsequent generation it's been Bray Wyatt. There's always some archetype that people who think they can do a smarter or more edgy version of wrestling gravitate towards, and it's usually bollocks. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
28 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Fuck off, a straight up heel/face divide is always a better option than vague tweener bullshit. 

Hang on, Vince told me back in 1997 I was tired of having my intelligence insulted. Who are we to doubt him?

Posted

Another hilarious retort from everyone's least favourite shock jock! 

Basically, Heyman noted in a promo that nobody had beaten up Roman Reigns to the point he had to be stretchered away, as he had by Bronson Reed at Clash in Paris. Strowman then responded with a picture from an angle where he had done the same thing to Roman back in 2017 (while likening Heyman to Batman villain Oswald Cobblepot). 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Far be it from me to ever defend that slimy prick Paul Heyman, but Strowman, “correcting” a wrestling character on a wrestling show talking some wrestling bollocks is the silliest part in all of this.

What next? Is Strowman going to dive into the archives of cagematch to prove an, “Australian Street Fight,” isn’t really Bronson Reed’s speciality match? Are we suggesting pro-wrestling storylines might feature some lies and embellishments to sell a match?! Kane and Undertaker aren’t brothers?! Surely not!

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Maybe being a pro-wrestling fans turns you into a cynical prick, but I’m not quite sure I believe Dolph Ziggler here.

”Got sick of being overpaid by WWE, actually. I wanted to go to TNA for a lot less money, so I win.”

IMG_3748.thumb.jpeg.e753ee7436c392d7b8dcb4469f4f8db8.jpeg

Edited by Supremo
Posted
2 hours ago, weevil said:

I think his problem was that he wasn't being used. The high pay was his selling point for why they should give him what he wanted and release him.

Or highlighting the high pay was his way of saying they should be doing more with him, and instead they just got rid.

  • Paid Members
Posted
19 hours ago, Supremo said:

Far be it from me to ever defend that slimy prick Paul Heyman, but Strowman, “correcting” a wrestling character on a wrestling show talking some wrestling bollocks is the silliest part in all of this.

True, I think that’s endemic of being a wrestler that grew up a fan in the worst, smarkiest times to be a fan. As an example, I reckon The Brain would have been ripped to shreds on socials for “Nobody has ever kicked out of the PerfectPlex” at SummerSlam 91.

5 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

He moaned that he was getting paid really well? What a complete buffoon. 

Money isn’t everything. I asked for promotion/more responsibilities from my last employer for years. After four years of asking they responded with a good pay rise but none of the rest. After five, I left. Getting paid well to be unhappy, you’re still unhappy.

3 hours ago, weevil said:

I think his problem was that he wasn't being used. The high pay was his selling point for why they should give him what he wanted and release him.

Sounds about right. Styles’ reasoning for saying no for years despite the pay packet offered was that he didn’t want to move/be on the road and accept their schedule while his Mrs was at school and their kids were small, and he wasn’t sure he’d get booked as well as in TNA. While it’s a short career and you’d probably be wise to make as much money as you can, most wrestlers are in it for the wrestling and not the money. Being happy where you’re working and making sure you align with your bosses is really important, and remuneration isn’t the only indicator of the value placed on you by the company, seldom is it the best either.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...