Chili Posted July 7, 2025 Posted July 7, 2025 Jacob Fatu I love from all I've seen, but I also get big Jamal before he got sacked first time for a being a bit mental feels. I'd rather that not happen though, everything I've caught of him looks great. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted July 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2025 BREAKING! It’s Thursday, July 17/2025, and the 54 year old man who still calls himself ‘The Big Valbowski’ is still a cunt. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 17, 2025 Absolutely infuriating. Getting sick of people who brazenly spout disgusting views. And absolutely sick of the platforms who no longer give a fuck about applying standards. What a shit world. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted July 17, 2025 Posted July 17, 2025 44 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said: BREAKING! It’s Thursday, July 17/2025, and the 54 year old man who still calls himself ‘The Big Valbowski’ is still a cunt. Not justifying him saying it at all, but is there a backstory between him and Nyla or just a random thing to say to generate himself publicity for some bizarre reason? Quote
Chili Posted July 17, 2025 Posted July 17, 2025 1 minute ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Not justifying him saying it at all, but is there a backstory between him and Nyla or just a random thing to say to generate himself publicity for some bizarre reason? No, he's just an awful cunt who lost his marbles long ago and he knows Nyla Rose is trans. Pretty much it. He's just a woeful person. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted July 17, 2025 Posted July 17, 2025 Sounds like a total plank. Cheers for the info. Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted July 17, 2025 Posted July 17, 2025 Nyla’s cool, Val will forever be a cuntstain Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 Even on safe spaces like this thread I don't like to see Val Venis' views given any oxygen. We'd easily fill this thread up with his nonsense if we start down that road. The guy completely lost the plot years ago. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 (edited) 44 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said: Even on safe spaces like this thread I don't like to see Val Venis' views given any oxygen. We'd easily fill this thread up with his nonsense if we start down that road. The guy completely lost the plot years ago. 100% this. It’s the equivalent of sharing a post in which one wrestler uses a racial slur against another. We wouldn’t share that, and I don’t think there’s value in sharing this. It does more harm than good in my opinion, although I think it’s important to say clearly there’s no negative intent in sharing it on here. Best approach with someone like that is to just let him fade away into irrelevance, shouting at the clouds. Edited July 18, 2025 by RedTwoster Quote
The Gaffer Posted July 18, 2025 Posted July 18, 2025 15 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Not justifying him saying it at all, but is there a backstory between him and Nyla or just a random thing to say to generate himself publicity for some bizarre reason? There's no backstory. Val is - like many - a soldier of Christ in a theological, pre-rapture social and cultural war for what is true and just. So if you ask him it's...sorta like the main story. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 Crackers how religion is supposed to teach love and tolerance and guide people into being versions of themselves worthy of the kingdom of heaven yet invariably produces total arseholes and people that preach intolerance and hate. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted July 18, 2025 Posted July 18, 2025 2 minutes ago, air_raid said: Crackers how religion is supposed to teach love and tolerance and guide people into being versions of themselves worthy of the kingdom of heaven yet invariably produces total arseholes and people that preach intolerance and hate. Funny you say that. I attended our church a few weeks ago for the Civic Service and the vicar, who's a VERY down to earth sort of guy (participates in the soap box races in full church gear, hosts 'Pimms and Prayers' afternoons and has been seen in pubs just chatting and sharing a pint with people) even said during the sermon that 'While we talk about love and acceptance of all people, the church should be leading that charge and yet historically the church hasn't lived up to those expected standards taught by Christ in the Bible'. He's very much a modernising sort of Reverand and actually one that a LOT of local people have time for and the church is actually growing in numbers because of him and his attitude Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 There is definitely a far more positive spin to be had on religion, to which I'm pretty broadly sympathetic even as a non-believer. Watching the recent documentary on the Briscoes, and how incredibly resilient their families are, I don't think you get that family in the position of strength they've found themselves in if they didn't genuinely, honestly, believe in a higher power and a greater purpose behind everything that they do, and I would find it very hard to find any fault with that. Val Venis is just a cunt, and I don't think religion has as much to do with it as the steady stream of far-right bullshit he engages with. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 1 hour ago, BomberPat said: There is definitely a far more positive spin to be had on religion, to which I'm pretty broadly sympathetic even as a non-believer. Watching the recent documentary on the Briscoes, and how incredibly resilient their families are, Briscoes as in Mark and Jay? I mean, not that "redneck Christian homophobe" is a stereotype that comes true of every religious type from the Southern states but the Bible and gay-bashing certainly weren't mutually exclusive there. Quote
The Gaffer Posted July 18, 2025 Posted July 18, 2025 3 hours ago, BomberPat said: There is definitely a far more positive spin to be had on religion, to which I'm pretty broadly sympathetic even as a non-believer. Watching the recent documentary on the Briscoes, and how incredibly resilient their families are, I don't think you get that family in the position of strength they've found themselves in if they didn't genuinely, honestly, believe in a higher power and a greater purpose behind everything that they do, and I would find it very hard to find any fault with that. Val Venis is just a cunt, and I don't think religion has as much to do with it as the steady stream of far-right bullshit he engages with. Oh for sure. It's religion in the form of something that's been stripped for parts and hammered into a set of modern cultural identifying principals - which is usually incredibly divorced from the source material - but I'd argue that's also a qualifier for what religion is or can be. On the flip side I've not seen the Briscoe documentary but there's absolutely goodwill and sincerity to a lot of belief and faith - I think - that some people shrug off as either A. Somebody's on the take or B. They've lost their heads. I read David Bentley Hart's literal translation of the New Testament recently and - agnostic here, not out for souls - it can't be overstated how fucking radical and commie it is. No ifs, buts or maybes. Sell your shit. Property is theft. It's essentially a treatise for an apocalypse that was believed to be right around the corner, and as the years went by and churches went up it gradually mellowed into "Okay, maybe we can have some stuff. But watch where you're sticking it - that was the important bit!" Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.