Paid Members Supremo Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 With any luck, Hager bashing AEW so publicly hopefully means he knows the deal is already done between Jericho and WWE and he’s now confident Jericho can get him hired there as a favour. He’s another MAGA whopper, isn’t he? They’ll all get on like a house on fire. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted August 27, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted August 27, 2025 18 hours ago, Supremo said: Best clip I’ve seen is of Hager acting insulted that Tony Khan only offered him an eighteen month contract. Good for Jake for telling Tony to shove it up his arse and spending those eighteen months proving his worth in this business…by doing absolutely fuck all. Another for the ever-growing list of, “some wrestlers are just shit and are lucky to have a job in the first place.” Imagine. He could have had that contract extension, left after it ended and still done the CVV interview at the same time he did it. Instead he left and no one wanted for 18 months and he got nothing. What a whopper! 11 hours ago, Supremo said: With any luck, Hager bashing AEW so publicly hopefully means he knows the deal is already done between Jericho and WWE and he’s now confident Jericho can get him hired there as a favour. He’s another MAGA whopper, isn’t he? They’ll all get on like a house on fire. There was that time he was tweeting out about (assumed friend of Jeremy Corbin) Tony Khan. https://cultaholic.com/posts/jake-hager-loses-indy-booking-following-abortion-rights-tweets-accusing-tony-khan-of-being-a-communist#google_vignette “Yes i am support Trump. Yes im against killing babies. I guess that makes me a racist [sic]” was one such post, with Hager then pivoting in an attack on AEW President Tony Khan: “Do u want proof @tonykhan is a communist and threatened me to be silent or else?” posted Hager. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted August 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 27, 2025 2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Imagine. He could have had that contract extension, left after it ended and still done the CVV interview at the same time he did it. Instead he left and no one wanted for 18 months and he got nothing. What a whopper! There was that time he was tweeting out about (assumed friend of Jeremy Corbin) Tony Khan. https://cultaholic.com/posts/jake-hager-loses-indy-booking-following-abortion-rights-tweets-accusing-tony-khan-of-being-a-communist#google_vignette “Yes i am support Trump. Yes im against killing babies. I guess that makes me a racist [sic]” was one such post, with Hager then pivoting in an attack on AEW President Tony Khan: “Do u want proof @tonykhan is a communist and threatened me to be silent or else?” posted Hager. Suggesting Tony Khan is very left wing and anti-Trump is about as helpful a PR move that anyone has done for him in some time. Pretty much everything Hager has said has had the unintended effect of making Khan look good, it’s quite remarkable. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 10, 2025 This fucking twat is trying to convince the world his blood money sportswashing show is helping women. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted September 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 12, 2025 Awful lot of wrist on show there. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 13, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted September 13, 2025 Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted September 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2025 Massive deja vu here, I’m sure this isn’t the first confirmation that Hunter watched Wrestling Isn’t Wrestling. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2025 55 minutes ago, air_raid said: Massive deja vu here, I’m sure this isn’t the first confirmation that Hunter watched Wrestling Isn’t Wrestling. He definitely has. He quote tweeted it when it was released and commented "This guy gets it". I think Wrestling Isn't Wrestling makes a few good points (that are mostly obvious to anyone who actually watches wrestling) but that its coverage of Triple H's long term story is mostly retroactive retcon bullshit. Also the guy who created it is a fucking idiot, an incredibly vile human being and a terrible writer. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2025 Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is one of those things that has aged horribly, and not just because Max Landis is a scumbag (although he is, obviously). I rewatched it a few years back and while there are a few funny moments, my main thought was that it was an incredibly annoying piece of work that gets wrestling massively wrong for the most part. What were we all smoking in 2015? Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted September 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2025 Bring on the episode of Unreal where they abolish heat segments from all WWE matches. ”Generating sympathy for the babyface? Basic empathy?! Get that woke shit out of this company!” Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2025 15 minutes ago, Supremo said: Bring on the episode of Unreal where they abolish heat segments from all WWE matches. ”Generating sympathy for the babyface? Basic empathy?! Get that woke shit out of this company!” Funny you say that. I listened to a podcast interview with Scotty 2 Hotty where he talked about his time as a trainer at the Performance Center. He said at one point they issued a directive to all trainers that they were no longer to teach traditional heel wrestler things like "taking a powder", cowering away, sneak attacks, begging off etc. to the trainees. Scotty said that to him that stuff is what makes wrestling fun and he got pretty bored of training quickly after that. Matches up with the current WWE style where heels don't wrestle like heels. Quote
organizedkaos Posted September 18, 2025 Posted September 18, 2025 21 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said: Wrestling Isn't Wrestling is one of those things that has aged horribly, and not just because Max Landis is a scumbag (although he is, obviously). I rewatched it a few years back and while there are a few funny moments, my main thought was that it was an incredibly annoying piece of work that gets wrestling massively wrong for the most part. What were we all smoking in 2015? I think it was one of the first things that managed to convey the facinating reality and non-reality of wrestling. How I can be more invested by Bryan Danielson's retirement story because I was in the crowd at UK shows when he was just starting and how despite the fact he's worked across most companies there's some tangible sense of continuity between the different versions of a character he's played in different promotions and also the real person. I think the way wrestling is a real time imaginary world that also exists in our world (and we can take part in it) is part of what makes it this facinating form of storytelling. (I mean I haven't seen the video for a while cos yeah, massive scumbag, but I do remember it feeling like one of those things that managed to elucidate certain aspects of wrestling that drew me to it) I think supereyepatchwolf did a much better version (give or take how annoying you find his style of youtubing) a few years back. Quote
boshealecta Posted September 18, 2025 Posted September 18, 2025 (edited) This one is more game developers say the stupidest things. I play WWE2k25 and yesterday you could download DLo as a DLC character. Anyway, looking at the fan signs which come with his download, they say things such as “My neck hurts just watching DLo” and “Neck Insurance: Sky High”. Who signed off on those?! Edit: Oh god I’m an idiot. So after Googling I just realised they mean coz he shakes his head and neck. I thought it was a jibe about Droz. Ignore me Edited September 18, 2025 by boshealecta Quote
Merzbow Posted September 18, 2025 Posted September 18, 2025 They don't have the sign where his neck actually moves? 2/10 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.