Paid Members RedTwoster Posted November 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2025 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: People pay to watch Bryan Danielson wrestle. I don’t think anyone specifically bought a ticket to a show because Rusev was over. I could give you a top 10 of my favourite Danielson matches. I couldn’t tell you with full confidence 10 opponents Rusev has wrestled without looking it up (and ignoring Sammy and Bryan). I couldn’t tell guess and probably do it, but do you see the difference? @Chili summed this up brilliantly, but I’ll add that none of this proves that he wasn’t over, not least the fact you personally can’t name 10 of his opponents. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted November 5, 2025 Posted November 5, 2025 Rusev's Tank entrance was epic. He felt like a main eventer. They pissed it away but for a brief moment. He did. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted November 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2025 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: People pay to watch Bryan Danielson wrestle. I don’t think anyone specifically bought a ticket to a show because Rusev was over. I could give you a top 10 of my favourite Danielson matches. I couldn’t tell you with full confidence 10 opponents Rusev has wrestled without looking it up (and ignoring Sammy and Bryan). I couldn’t tell guess and probably do it, but do you see the difference? If Rusev was still in AEW you wouldn’t even be making this argument let’s be honest. Quote
Infinity Land Posted November 5, 2025 Posted November 5, 2025 22 minutes ago, Callum1993 said: If Rusev was still in AEW you wouldn’t even be making this argument let’s be honest. Probably would. 4+ years there was Anarchy in the Arcade. Darby being murdered for the TNT title. Eddie Kingston feud. Fuego squashed a couple of times on the early Rampages. OC & Danielson in the World Title Eliminator. The Meat match with Hobbs and the finale against Andrade. The Best Man/Gamer/Streamer era was seen as a waste of potential. There was about 6 months as the Reedemer that had plenty of hope in the summer of '21. After being subbed in for Mox, I wanted him to win the Eliminator to set-up Hangman v. Miro after Full Gear. Instead we got to joke about Miro constantly lost in his void until he eventually left. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted November 5, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2025 Yeah but this is Scorch. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 5, 2025 Posted November 5, 2025 8 minutes ago, Callum1993 said: Yeah but this is Scorch. Are you suggesting he likes AEW? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted November 6, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted November 6, 2025 4 hours ago, Callum1993 said: If Rusev was still in AEW you wouldn’t even be making this argument let’s be honest. Well we wouldn’t be having the conversation because the conversation wouldn’t have happened 3 hours ago, Callum1993 said: Yeah but this is Scorch. Two things Snideyman 1. Where was I bigging him up in AEW? His initial introduction was great. But after his first disappearance there was nothing of note, at all? 2. Just because I’m pro AEW doesn’t mean I defend everything about it. He wasn’t happy so he left. Good for him. There was nothing I wanted to see from him, he obviously wanted to go back. He didn’t want to work there. Everyone wins. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted November 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 6, 2025 Someone earlier said Rusev was the territory heel, and that's absolutely right. The evil foreigner stuff was straight out of the '80s, and people complained at the time that he eventually lost to John Cena, but that was the point - he was a guy built up to lose to the top babyface. That's his ceiling, and in another era he would have done the loop playing that story out in different places. With the "Rusev Day" stuff, you could make a strong argument that Aiden English was a bigger part of getting that over than Rusev was. He had his moments in AEW, but was no great loss when he left, and doesn't appear to have been any great gain to WWE since returning, so he's probably found his level. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted November 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 9, 2025 Mark Henry the gift that keeps on giving. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted November 9, 2025 Posted November 9, 2025 That would make Fandango beating Jericho at Mania look like a good idea. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted November 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 11, 2025 Pete Dunne??? He's shit! Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted November 11, 2025 Posted November 11, 2025 Will be funny if Pete is sacked in the next year too. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted November 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 11, 2025 Any role that keeps the shitarse out of the ring is fine by me. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted November 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 21, 2025 Pretty woeful example of my mate Phil toeing the company line. As long as he’s been a fan and watched pro wrestling, who he idolised and modelled some of his matches after, and even some of his other peers/men he’s wrestled many times…. there’s not a dogs chance in hell he genuinely considers John the greatest. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted November 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted November 21, 2025 When you take into account what has happened in the past at times when Phil has voiced what he 'genuinely considers' on various subjects, I would suggest that this toeing of the company line would actually fall into the category of 'smart things to say'. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.