Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
22 hours ago, The Gaffer said:

I think he might be working. 

He definitely is but it's still stupid. Given how original they are these days, Maybe he'll turn up on telly dressed as John Cena next week to kick off another fresh feud.

Is no one clamouring to see John Cena face anyone new? They've got one last run of the guy and the only person he's faced that was new was Logan Paul and the only other match that hasn't already been a main event before (many, many, many times) was against Cody. One of my favourite things of CM Punk's AEW run, apart from his all-timer of a debut, was seeing him work all these guys he hadn't worked before. If lads like Mysterio and Breakker are gonna carry the company in a few years, surely they'd want footage of them working, maybe beating, John Cena?

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Chelsea Green said something stupid about Nia Jax, but as she’s (rightly) highly regarded I’m not putting it in here.

Well why mention it all then?

Posted
33 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Chelsea Green said something stupid about Nia Jax, but as she’s (rightly) highly regarded I’m not putting it in here.

Pro wrestling fandom in a nutshell right there.

"I like this person/this person is highly regarded therefore they get a pass". 

Love it. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
16 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Pro wrestling fandom in a nutshell right there.

"I like this person/this person is highly regarded therefore they get a pass". 

Love it. 

 

She’s defending Nia Jax, nothing more sinister than that so yes it get a pass. Somethings are not beyond reproach.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Here’s what she said:

”The internet not knowing that Nia is one of the best is the biggest travesty. We’re lucky to have her as a locker room leader.”

I don’t think this constitutes a wrestler saying ‘the stupidest things’, to be honest. Whether she’s defending a friend who feels a bit shit, crediting Jax as a backstage personality, the Jax in front of the camera or all of the above, it’s fine. 

Posted

She's also not the first to say something like that about Nia. Beyond the botches she is clearly someone who's very supportive backstage and in the locker room so you can see why some want to stick up for her sometimes.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I saw the injury to Cargill - am I completely mental in thinking it’s 50/50? There is a bit of a hefty shove but imo Cargill should be protecting herself a bit better there assuming it’s a planned spot. If Jax is getting loads of heat for it I’d feel a bit sorry for her

  • Paid Members
Posted

Looked to me like Nia Jax threw Jade into the steps, rather than more 'guiding' her into them. Jad didn't have the instincts to get her hands up in time. From what I saw Id say both were to blame. 

I quite like Jax, she shows more personality than 90% of wrestlers seem to. But she does seem to be fairly clumsy.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Nia has definitely been sloppy in the ring many times, and she doesn’t deserve the spot she’s in, in my opinion. But Jade needs to take a lot of the blame on this occasion. Despite being featured on regular wrestling TV for almost 5 years, she’s still incredibly green at times. 
 

Still, leave it to Mark to add another ridiculous opinion. 

Now yes, Jade tried to do her best to finish her involvement in the match, but that end sequence is extremely sloppy. The ref’s arm only hit the mat once as well. It was a shambles 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Seamless. Always a word I'd use when the crowd is booing because it's so embarrassing. Mark is such a grifter. TBF, Stratton reacts really well to Nia Jax kicking about at 8 and 3/4 and delivers a great moonsault.

What's going on with the count then? The ref doesn't appear to hit the mat but there's a noise. Are they editing that in?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...