Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 2 minutes ago, The Gaffer said: I read David Bentley Hart's literal translation of the New Testament recently and - agnostic here, not out for souls - it can't be overstated how fucking radical and commie it is. No ifs, buts or maybes. Sell your shit. Property is theft. It's essentially a treatise for an apocalypse that was believed to be right around the corner, and as the years went by and churches went up it gradually mellowed into "Okay, maybe we can have some stuff. But watch where you're sticking it - that was the important bit!" I haven't read that, but one of my favourite bits to trot out whenever you get some right-winger talking about how Karl Marx and various communist parties coined the maxim "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need" is to point out that that's actually in the Bible. Twice. Quote
King Coconut Posted July 18, 2025 Posted July 18, 2025 The Bible is also a big fan of slavery and rape so let's not get carried away here. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 32 minutes ago, King Coconut said: The Bible is also a big fan of slavery and rape so let's not get carried away here. I know, but it's a good gotcha. I don't normally do those, but sometimes it's good to engage in a bit of shithousery. Quote
Guest Posted July 18, 2025 Posted July 18, 2025 (edited) You know what, probably not worth it. Edited July 18, 2025 by Duke Val Venis is vile. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 50 minutes ago, Duke said: You know what, probably not worth it. Sorry, man. I should not have been so flippant about that. My apologies. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 18, 2025 Posted July 18, 2025 I personally don't think it has anything to do with religion. I think it's more to do with him being a raging cock end. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 It says a lot about twitter now that he got 28 retweets for that, and five were quote tweets about what a cunt he is. And looking at his feed, that's a high point, while he's on a new crypto scam. He's irrelevant. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted July 18, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 18, 2025 I remember when he first donned the white tights, having moved away from the pornstar gimmick and just before he went into Right To Censor, there was something in the WWF magazine talking about him being "cerebral" because he wrote libertarian articles. Basically, he's intelligent in the same way that Kane is. He's thick as tar. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 Great idea mate. Wonder why Tony didn’t go for it. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 A two time world heavyweight champion there. I would have enjoyed that gimmick if everyone understood him except for Daddy Magic, which would of course have infuriated him. What are we doin’ here guys? He says he likes the hat and you ask him how high? Would have been a mildly amusing Rampage angle for a few weeks. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 The whole interview that's from is full of stupid shit. He's very dumb. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 Yeah I’ve seen some quotes about him talking shit about Tony Khan. All because he didn’t want to renew his contract. Which no-one was clamouring for. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 (edited) Best clip I’ve seen is of Hager acting insulted that Tony Khan only offered him an eighteen month contract. Good for Jake for telling Tony to shove it up his arse and spending those eighteen months proving his worth in this business…by doing absolutely fuck all. Another for the ever-growing list of, “some wrestlers are just shit and are lucky to have a job in the first place.” Edited August 26, 2025 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members Slapnut Posted August 26, 2025 Paid Members Posted August 26, 2025 (edited) I genuinely think I was so down on AEW for the first year of their existence purely because Jack bloody Swagger was the big debut on the first Dynamite. Proper TNA moment. Edited August 26, 2025 by Slapnut Quote
westlondonmist Posted August 26, 2025 Posted August 26, 2025 There are wrestlers who while I don't think they should have been champ, but they were mildly over, had a good look or something minor that I can understand why you'd give them a shot at the title. He's one that always left me confused. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.