Merzbow Posted March 20 Posted March 20 There's absolute zero inspirational about Elon Musk though, unless being born into a rich family and the theft of others work to gain your billions is inspirational. Oh wait, he was with Grimes... that must be it. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted March 20 Paid Members Posted March 20 9 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: My point is, you can be inspired by the music of Michael Jackson yet still not want your kids to spend the weekend with him. Don't get me wrong - I agree that it's not worse than the Ricochet tweet by miles (actually outright stating that you're glad someone has MS is fucking horrendous) - but that's not the same thing. MJ's music wasn't centred on his noncing, whilst the thing that Oba is claiming to be central to what he admires about those people is them being them, which is being dickheads from some people's perspective. Quote
Chico Torres Posted March 20 Posted March 20 It basically confirms that Oba is, like the vast majority of wrestlers, an idiot. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted March 20 Posted March 20 Just now, Carbomb said: Don't get me wrong - I agree that it's not worse than the Ricochet tweet by miles (actually outright stating that you're glad someone has MS is fucking horrendous) - but that's not the same thing. MJ's music wasn't centred on his noncing, whilst the thing that Oba is claiming to be central to what he admires about those people is them being them, which is being dickheads from some people's perspective. The MJ example was intended to be a metaphor. I watch and listen to things where I don't agree with the politics of the person or endorse their ideologies. It would be a pretty boring world if I only consumed things from people I agree with politically or listened to things that reinforced all aspects of my world view. I can appreciate someone's success, or engage with something they are involved with if it piques my interest, without liking them, endorsing them or thinking they are a good person. He was saying he is inspired by success. Sadly, most incredibly successful people are massive dickheads in some way. It may come out that Oba is a massive Trump supporter or agrees with Elon Musk's political views. If that happened it would absolutely be right to criticise and condemn him. "Putting him on blast" (as I believe the kids say) for that clip is just silly. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 20 Members Posted March 20 10 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: "Putting him on blast" (as I believe the kids say) They definitely don't. Quote
JoeManco7 Posted March 20 Posted March 20 40 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said: In fairness I have absolutely no idea who the Goggins guy is. I thought he was the dude that played the Sheriff in the Hateful Eight but apparently that's Walton Goggins. My point is, you can be inspired by the music of Michael Jackson yet still not want your kids to spend the weekend with him. David Goggins. And having read Goggins' two books and listened to him being interviewed on many podcasts, I hope Oba takes more inspiration from him than the others. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 20 Paid Members Posted March 20 Death, taxes and half the board getting into arguments with @Snitsky's back acne. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted March 20 Posted March 20 21 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: They definitely don't. Shit! Foiled again! Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 20 Paid Members Posted March 20 29 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Death, taxes and half the board getting into arguments with @Snitsky's back acne. And the other half wise enough to have him on ignore. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted March 20 Posted March 20 13 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: And the other half wise enough to have him on ignore. Rent free. Quote
FTR2020 Posted March 20 Posted March 20 Wrestlers should never share their political opinion or let people know controversial people inspire them. I used to watch Rogan's podcasts when he had someone interesting on. I don't watch anymore after realising his agenda but I don't hold it against anyone who likes him. We all have different tastes and interests and that is ok. I will say that David Goggins story not only made me cry due to my weight issues but inspired me to start my weight loss journey. I have lost 5 stone in the last 2 years. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted March 20 Paid Members Posted March 20 3 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said: What's the issue? He's saying he is inspired by people who dream big, not that he agrees with their politics. In no way is that "worse than the Ricochet tweet by miles" as this person claims Yeah but you forget this is Scorch so of course AEW employees can do no wrong Quote
westlondonmist Posted March 20 Posted March 20 3 hours ago, Chico Torres said: It basically confirms that Oba is, like the vast majority of wrestlers, an idiot. I'd say a cunt, the industry is full of cunts. Let's not downplay it as idiocy. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 22 Author Paid Members Posted March 22 On 3/20/2026 at 7:23 PM, Callum1993 said: Yeah but you forget this is Scorch so of course AEW employees can do no wrong I didn’t say it was worse then the Ricochet tweet, the person whose tweet it was did. Ricochet was an idiot with his tweet. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.