Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
16 minutes ago, Chili said:

Is there actually anyone with a clean sheet in wrestling.

Kenny Omega? Brody King? Nyla Rose? Anthony Bowens? Batista maybe? Becky Lynch?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

Kenny Omega? Brody King? Nyla Rose? Anthony Bowens? Batista maybe? Becky Lynch?

He's not been daft enough to have a photo taken with him, but I wouldn't rule out the rest of the Elite, Cody included being in some contact with Hangman's lunch at a harvester pal, and probably have the same justification as Hanger. That's just my feelings on it. Beyond that, they all seem alright, Hangman included (still a very stupid boy). Cody obviously is a bit weird and has that case of being dumber than he thinks he's smart sometimes.

The rest all seem decent sorts to not be complete dickheads. Has Eddie Kingston got any blots I'm aware of. Actually Moxley and Renee don't seem to have anything shit going on, though I might have completely missed something.

With most people in the industry, the worst thing about them is usually they're choice in politics, even if they're diamonds otherwise.

Or you're Liv Morgan and you have a big LGBT+ following, but your weirdo fiancé promotes all sorts of gutter shite. So sometimes just thick as mince.

Edited by Chili
  • Paid Members
Posted
Just now, SuperBacon said:

She's married to Seth Rollins mate.

You know what? I genuinely nearly mentioned his name in this thread before coming to my senses…he might be the biggest company man in the world, but I’ll give him this - he and Becky attended BLM protests together and he was one of the first wrestlers in WWE to tweet their support for that cause. He’s also been critical of Hulk Hogan for being a bigot and he’s said a fair few things that suggest he holds left wing views.

You have to balance that with the fact he’s Seth Rollins of course. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

He seems to accidently like gross offensive posts a little too often, plus isn't it a transphobic shirt in the first place (saw a few people saying so) so liking it without reading the caption doesn't help his case. The whole post is weird though to me, I don't know what she's exactly asking anyone to come and take..

He's been explicitly supportive of trans people in the past, and has a trans son I believe, so I'd be surprised if he was liking it because it's anti trans. Who knows though, he's obviously thicker than treacle. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

I totally agree with you, it does impact the idea of a clean sheet though in that there is a sex tape of him floating about.

Again, having a sex tape for your own personal enjoyment or what have you is still a clean sheet. It's their kink or interest, some do it, some don't. It's not harming anyone if all participants are willing. By clean sheet, I'm not expecting them to be a nun (bad example but you get where I'm going).

Seth's biggest crime is being overly company man and being very naff and raa raa about it. He seems genuinely alright otherwise. There was a really nice story a few years back where in his neighborhood there was a young girl doing one of those lemonade stand things and he tipped her $100 (someone local took a photo so he wasn't doing this for any publicity) which is just one of those things that makes me think he's alright off the clock.

Edited by Chili
  • Paid Members
Posted

1CEDF2C9-6ECC-4973-935B-92A04467D6AE.thumb.jpeg.651547ba109f0b58e7291fb76bcfd284.jpeg

The greatest trick The Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that decent pro-wrestlers exist.

Don't waste your time. It’s easier to just assume the worst.

Bryan Danielson probably drives off without putting his trolley back at Sainsbury’s.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Actually, I’m going to throw Evil Uno’s name out there. He seems like a brilliant person. 

Adam Cole, his podcasting partner, is a bit of a mystery to me in that I’ve absolutely no idea what his politics are, but he does come across as the nicest person in the world. I’m not a huge fan of Cole the wrestler, but if Cole the person was MAGA on the side I’d genuinely be gutted. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Chili said:

By clean sheet, I'm not expecting them to be a nun (bad example but you get where I'm going).

Yeah fair, I think I took the non existent criteria too strictly. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

Actually, I’m going to throw Evil Uno’s name out there. He seems like a brilliant person. 

Adam Cole, his podcasting partner, is a bit of a mystery to me in that I’ve absolutely no idea what his politics are, but he does come across as the nicest person in the world. I’m not a huge fan of Cole the wrestler, but if Cole the person was MAGA on the side I’d genuinely be gutted. 

I said earlier that at work, I just assume everyone is professional and doesn't rightly bring shit up because it's got nowt to do with their job, but if you wanted to be a super pedantic arse, there are no good wrestlers because in a way they tolerate the more extreme awful views, opinions and choices of friends there co-workers have or bosses associate with and don't take a moralistic stand.

SO THEY'RE ALL CUNTS ACTUALLY!!! EVERYONE ONE OF THEM

... except Bobby Eaton obviously.

Posted

Wasn’t Batista cucking Jon Morrison whilst his wife was being treated for cancer or have I blended together a bunch of misinformation and rumours?

Posted (edited)

I think with wrestlers, much like actors, singers or anyone else in the public eye really, it's best to just accept they're probably awful in real life regardless of however they try and present themselves in a public setting.

CM Punk is often seen in a very positive light with regards to his political and social opinions however the resurfacing of the shoot video clip of him talking about how "nearly all women in wrestling are rats" and "a couple of stiff forearms" soon dissuaded one from wanting to train any further was yet another stark reminder of this theory of mine.

It also reminded me of one of the FWA shows him and Colt Cabana were at where I heard him refer to someone very loudly as a "fucking f*g".

If he's ever came out and said previously he used to have hateful opinions or use hateful speech but he worked on bettering himself regrets it looking back - fair enough - who am I to judge.

Edited by TAFKA Jonny Vegas
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, TAFKA Jonny Vegas said:

I think with wrestlers, much like actors, singers or anyone else in the public eye really, it's best to just accept they're probably awful in real life regardless of however they try and present themselves in a public setting.

CM Punk is often seen in a very positive light with regards to his political and social opinions however the resurfacing of the shoot video clip of him talking about how "nearly all women in wrestling are rats" and "a couple of stiff forearms" soon dissuaded one from wanting to train any further was yet another stark reminder of this theory of mine.

It also reminded me of one of the FWA shows him and Colt Cabana were at where I heard him refer to someone very loudly as a "fucking f*g".

To be honest, I think everyone is flawed in some way, people make mistakes - some forgivable, others not so much - and they also learn and grow. Punk may be appalled at views he once held and comments he once made - it sounds like you’re talking about actions dating back more than 20-years.

So my stance is generally that you judge people on who they are now, not who they were. And Punk in 2026, to me at least, is a hypocrite who has very recently gone against a number of views he claimed to hold.

Judge him on the now. It’s the fair thing to do.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...