Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, FTR2020 said:

Has Sheamus and Samoa Joe ever wrestled against each other?

They would have a banger (pun intended)

 

Teamed with eachother a few times in 6 Man Tags against The Shield, but never against each other

Posted

Sheamus can do his youtube channel and other appearances. Then in a couple of years come back as a featured WWE Hall of Fame inductee with one last run. Maybe even get that Intercontinental title run to complete the set. 

AEW can't really book big men well. If they did then someone like Brody King would be their priority. Worse case scenario Sheamus is another Rusev, Lashley or Malakai Black with rumours of not putting people over. The tag division is potentially adding a knock-off New Day & MCMG. Not sure it needs The Bar. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

Would he be out of his non compete before All In at Wembley? Could be a good shout for the Casino Gauntlet. 

This is a good shout. Even if he doesn't get an AEW run, he should definitely get a slot here. He'd get a good pop.

He'll go back to being S(h)eamus O'Shaugnessy I'd guess?

  • Paid Members
Posted
37 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Surely his body is an absolute wreck? He's almost 50!

I’m pretty sure his back is fucked. I don’t think he’s got too much left in the tank for the matches people are hoping for on here. I would love if his body is able to do a G1 or a Continental Classic. 

Posted

I heard he was close to retiring in 2020. With spinal stensosis. If he has a AEW run, it would be a short one surely. His body can't handle their style. 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Sheamus can do his youtube channel and other appearances. Then in a couple of years come back as a featured WWE Hall of Fame inductee with one last run. Maybe even get that Intercontinental title run to complete the set. 

AEW can't really book big men well. If they did then someone like Brody King would be their priority. Worse case scenario Sheamus is another Rusev, Lashley or Malakai Black with rumours of not putting people over. The tag division is potentially adding a knock-off New Day & MCMG. Not sure it needs The Bar. 

It's why I've never taken to FTR. Just a knock off of The Revival.

I agree with @tiger_rickbut then there have been exceptions to the rule. Christian Cage's AEW run is probably the best in-ring and character work he's ever done, at that later stage in his career, so it's definitely possible for example. 

Edited by Chili
Posted
8 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Teamed with eachother a few times in 6 Man Tags against The Shield, but never against each other

Ok thanks for letting me know. 

Sheamus genuinely could have a good run on AEW before he retires.

Him teaming up with Ciampa would be really cool.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Stick him in the Death Riders? Have him team with Castagnoli so he can still have some hard hitting matches. 

I'm surprised they didn't offer him a producer or agent role. He could have gone to book AAA with Taker. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

I'm surprised they didn't offer him a producer or agent role. He could have gone to book AAA with Taker. 

To be fair I don't think we know what he was offered apart from it was reduced and he turned it down. It'll be interesting to hear his side of things and what he was hoping from the future, as it probably just didn't align with what they wanted or were willing to pay for. He seemed pretty happy doing workout videos and stuff like that outside of actually wrestling so maybe he'll just enjoy the freedom a bit more now.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I hope he does whatever he wants. He doesn't seem the type to have pissed his money away and 17 years in WWE can't have paid peanuts. His workouts on YouTube seem to do reasonable numbers and I can't see that changing. If he was close to retiring before I can't see that a run in AEW or New Japan would be that appealing unless the money was ridiculous, and you never know, with TK it could be. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I hope he does whatever he wants. He doesn't seem the type to have pissed his money away and 17 years in WWE can't have paid peanuts. His workouts on YouTube seem to do reasonable numbers and I can't see that changing. If he was close to retiring before I can't see that a run in AEW or New Japan would be that appealing unless the money was ridiculous, and you never know, with TK it could be. 

I dunno, based on some of the social media posts I’ve seen circulating from him he seems to value a good match, and I could see him relishing the opportunity to work with the likes of Omega, Hangman and MJF. 

I do think AEW should prioritise developing its female roster right now, but I don’t think there’s an issue with padding the male roster a bit to allow for a bit more rotation and time off; much as we’re seeing with Hangman right now and have seen with others in the past. For me, it benefits everyone to have enough depth to give people a bit of down time. A lighter travel schedule is a good thing. Sheamus doesn’t need to work every week to be a valuable edition to the AEW roster. No one does, including the announcers, backstage staff and referees. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

I dunno, based on some of the social media posts I’ve seen circulating from him he seems to value a good match, and I could see him relishing the opportunity to work with the likes of Omega, Hangman and MJF. 

He only had 25 matches last year, and 5 of them were dark matches. He only had 29 matches the year before that, I'm not sure how much lighter a scheduled he could work really. Of course he'd like to work Omega, Hangman and MJF, who wouldn't after you've been wrestling Rusev and Grayson Waller in Buttfuck Idaho before the cameras are rolling. 

He seems to be a guy who is pretty happy with what he has done, he certainly has nothing left to prove. He also strikes me as someone who wouldn't do it half-arsed, so if we do see him then it will probably be a decent watch. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I made mention recently that pro-wrestling is too real these days and I long for a time when Kane and Christian could debut as The Undertaker and Edge’s brothers, building a backstory and mythology around it.

Orange’s older brother. Satsuma Cassidy.

IMG_6997.thumb.webp.64c8fef7568f5da2d09eb6d4edb6e823.webp

IMG_6998.jpeg.bca2241f6659ebf77c6e5fcf558df23e.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...