Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The Dark Order have re-signed with AEW which is surprising as they've all done basically nothing for years now. 

It'd be nice if John Silver could one day get a push but I'm guessing that'll never happen. 

I have a soft spot for The Dark Order, and I’d love to see them get more airtime. As far as being a stable of quirky losers go they’re far better than The Conglomeration. Silver and Reynolds are a very underrated tag team too, and I like Uno staying around if only because it means it’s not impossible for his All Elite Arcade podcast to return (which I think it will, as part of Austin Creed’s gaming network). 

Posted
48 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The Dark Order have re-signed with AEW which is surprising as they've all done basically nothing for years now. 

It'd be nice if John Silver could one day get a push but I'm guessing that'll never happen. 

They have probably signed them to new contracts because they probably do other duties for the company other then just wrestling.

Do they still wrestle on ROH shows because I haven't seen them on AEW for a long time. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Silver and Reynolds are indeed a bloody brilliant tag team and it's criminal they've not been used more when garbage like The Outrunners have had PPV title matches (and shit the bed massively).

I'm less keen on Uno as a wrestler but he'd be perfectly fine as their manager/trios partner type if they're going to stay as Dark Order (which I think TK feels tied to in some ways because of Brodie's passing/Brodie Jr's involvement).

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

The Dark Order have re-signed with AEW which is surprising as they've all done basically nothing for years now. 

It'd be nice if John Silver could one day get a push but I'm guessing that'll never happen. 

They get used so infrequently he's barely John Bronze let alone Silver. Fair play to them for sticking with it though. They must he happy enough and who can fault them. 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

According to Bryan Alvarez, Tay Melo requested her released from AEW last year, but was denied it. I don’t understand why the company does that, particularly when it’s a wrestler who barely features. If Melo was to return to NXT or go to TNA, it’s hardly a bitter blow.

it was mentioned in the context of Sammy Guevara removing all AEW references from his social media profiles, much as Max Caster did before (to date) not appearing again. 

If Sammy is on the way out, I think it’s probably best for both parties. I think there’s a good chance he’d end up being featured more regularly on WWE television if he moved there than he has been or likely would be on AEW television. AEW doesn’t really need him, WWE is so depleted that he might actually be an asset for them.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

According to Bryan Alvarez, Tay Melo requested her released from AEW last year, but was denied it. I don’t understand why the company does that, particularly when it’s a wrestler who barely features. If Melo was to return to NXT or go to TNA, it’s hardly a bitter blow.

it was mentioned in the context of Sammy Guevara removing all AEW references from his social media profiles, much as Max Caster did before (to date) not appearing again. 

If Sammy is on the way out, I think it’s probably best for both parties. I think there’s a good chance he’d end up being featured more regularly on WWE television if he moved there than he has been or likely would be on AEW television. AEW doesn’t really need him, WWE is so depleted that he might actually be an asset for them.

I read that. I don't know the reasoning because I don't know what plans they had that maybe didn't happen or what value they place in her anyway but I don't think it's fair to criticise a company that signs contracts in good faith and honours them. They pay as agreed and they let them work outside dates and ventures. In this instance, I think "don't sign a contract you don't want to honour" is a fair response.

Dunno how they'll get over the loss of Sammy Guevara to NXT. Tony fumbling again.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Sammy Guevara is the most 2020 wrestler ever. He feels like an ancient relic these days. Frozen in time. He had a decent run back in the day, reached the appropriate level that someone of his talent level should reach and that's that. The world moved on and he never did. I wish him all the best. I'm sure he'll get a decent slot in TNA or NXT. 

Though I will say him proposing to his very sweet and very normal girlfriend on live TV and then binning her off to hook up with Tay Melo about 5 minutes later felt a bit weird.

His best moments will always be whenever he tried to inexplicably murder Matt Hardy for real for no reason whatsoever. He'd work soft as a pillow with everyone else but put him across from Matt Hardy and you were always just a moment away from Sammy recklessly throwing a chair full force into Matt's head or something. Good times.

Posted

I think Sammy could do with a change of environment and I think HBK would see a lot of himself in Sammy and probably push him properly. 

Sammy is a great wrestler. I hope he does well whether it is in AEW or WWE.

I also think a heel stable with Cody as the leader with Ricky Saints, Ethan Page and Sammy Guevara in his group would be really good. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I always find Sammy Guevara in AEW a bit of a chicken and egg situation. Did he fail to get over on his own because Tony Khan couldn't stop putting him in factions every 10 minutes? Or did Tony Khan keep putting him in factions every 10 minutes because he couldn't get over on his own?

He peaked ridiculously early in his AEW run. He was really good fun in the Inner Circle - he's great in the first Stadium Stampede and I think him getting hit with the golf buggy on an early Dyno is a genuinely underrated moment in terms of AEW setting its stall out early that you're gonna see things here that you won't see elsewhere. But then it became increasingly obvious that 'lackey' or 'sidekick' was his ceiling / the only character he could convincingly play, and then they just redid 'Jerichos whipping boy / member of faction' over and over again to ever decreasing returns until he just had no value left whatsoever. 

I could see him doing well in TNA.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Sammy needs to get himself a mask if he goes to WWE/NXT.

Does loads of flippy flashy babyface stuff but has the most punchable face so he has to be a heel, but he can't really wrestle like one.

Covering his face up would be best for everyone.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...