SaitoRyo Posted July 5 Author Posted July 5 3 minutes ago, Chili said: I can't believe I had to look that up because my brain discombobulated remembering he's older but my memory is rough. Haha! It just feels like 30 years, but he's actually only been a fixture on WWE television for a measly 17. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 5 Posted July 5 (edited) 20 years he’s been there (developmental & main roster), not 30. But yeah, good for him. He seems to have saved his money well and I think he has US citizenship now on account of his marriage as well as the amount of time he’s worked there. If he feels up to it, I wouldn’t be against him turning up in AEW for a run in the midcard having some hard hitting matches. I’d say give him a year and see how he does, but he may be just as happy to call it a day and I can’t say I blame him Edited July 5 by WyattSheepMask Quote
SaitoRyo Posted July 5 Author Posted July 5 3 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: 20 years he’s been there (developmental & main roster), not 30. But yeah, good for him. He seems to have saved his money well and I think he has US citizenship now on account of his marriage as well as the amount of time he’s worked there. If he feels up to it, I wouldn’t be against him turning up in AEW for a run in the midcard having some hard hitting matches. I’d say give him a year and see how he does, but he may be just as happy to call it a day and I can’t say I blame him I know, brother, I was just fucking about! People really do stay in one place for too long these days, though. Barry Windham had about three runs in WCW and three in WWE within a fifteen year period or something, now you've got guys like Miz, Ziggler and Sheamus on WWE TV for fucking ages. I think Sheamus genuinely loves getting in there and wrestling still but, as you said, looks to have saved his money and probably wouldn't have any immediate need to sign another contract elsewhere if he didn't want to. I think there's some decent matches waiting for him in AEW, mind, and I'd be intrigued to see him there for a year or two. Quote
Merzbow Posted July 5 Posted July 5 Salivating at the potential Gabe Kidd vs Sheamus meaty men slapping meat match, either AEW or New Japan. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted July 5 Paid Members Posted July 5 Would he be out of his non compete before All In at Wembley? Could be a good shout for the Casino Gauntlet. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 5 Paid Members Posted July 5 I would fucking love to see him move to AEW. Sheamus has quietly been one of the best wrestlers in the world for the last decade, and the prospect of him fighting Brody King, Hangman Page or Kenny Omega is genuinely exciting. Fuck, why not reunite The Bar and have him team with Castagnoli to add even more depth to AEW’s excellent tag division. Bring him in, Tony! Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted July 5 Posted July 5 (edited) 3 minutes ago, Callum1993 said: Would he be out of his non compete before All In at Wembley? Could be a good shout for the Casino Gauntlet. It’s said he’ll leave when his contract expires, so there won’t be a no compete clause like when someone is released, but I don’t think there’s been a specific date mentioned as to when it does actually expire. Edited July 5 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Big Bully Busick Posted July 5 Posted July 5 Reunite him with Claudio Be a good addition to the AEW tag team division Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 5 Posted July 5 Has Sheamus and Samoa Joe ever wrestled against each other? They would have a banger (pun intended) Also I think Sheamus vs Swerve would be a good mash up of styles. Him vs Darby would be really good as well. Sheamus beating the hell out of Darby would be fun. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 5 Paid Members Posted July 5 (edited) I often think about this image Sheamus posted of his office. Fair play. He must be chuffed with the run he had. Him never winning the Intercontinental Title is a shame and another huge mark against Triple H as a booker. Yet another can kicked down the road. Good for Sheamus if he told them to shove a pay cut up their arse. Man’s spent years performing stiff-as-fuck Meat Madness matches on Monday Night Raw, just for the love of the game. He’d likely have a fantastic run in AEW, where fans actually give a shit about stuff like that. I bet he could chuck Darby Allin for miles. Edited July 5 by Supremo Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted July 5 Paid Members Posted July 5 10 minutes ago, Supremo said: I bet he chuck Darby Allin for miles. That’s a tremendous shout, they’d have an incredible match together. I’d not considered that as something I want to see, but I absolutely do. I could see him having an excellent match with MJF too, stiffing the absolute fuck out of him as Max somehow makes his offence look even more brutal. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 5 Paid Members Posted July 5 Surely his body is an absolute wreck? He's almost 50! Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted July 5 Paid Members Posted July 5 It's the same conversation whenever a lot of these WWE "lifers" come up. Yes, TK will sign him, if he isn't retiring. Yes, he'll have a few really good matches. Yes, he'll earn a decent wage and pursue some outside interests, which no one should begrudge him. But no, they shouldn't sign him. There's nothing outside of a few good matches that Sheamus offers. He's not bringing promos, star power and potential angles that others aren't. Just further cementing a growing rep for taking old people on the way down. They treat them respectfully and it's great for the talent but not for the rep of AEW. Every bland NJPW guy and old WWE mid career takes them a little bit further away from the exciting, outstanding challenger brand they were. Ideal scenario for AEW, I think, is Sheamus goes to NJPW, does well there as an old-school Gaijin, get a surname and some mojo back and then run some big matches in AEW at Forbidden Door time next year. I doubt they'd take that risk though. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted July 5 Paid Members Posted July 5 Bobby Fish had an AEW run when he was 73, so anything is possible. It’s hard to explain why Sheamus not winning the Intercontinental Title winds me up so much. I think it’s the nature of how pro-wrestling is built on teases and pay offs. You develop this completionist brain where you need to see them close all the loops. It’s one of the few things you have to give Vince credit for. He always promoted under the belief you should never tease something unless you can deliver it. A rollercoaster of a week for the completionist pro-wrestling fans. We finally see Sami Zayn win the WWE Title, but then Sheamus leaves WWE without winning the much-teased Intercontinental Title. We’ll call it a one-one draw. Hopefully CM Punk returns with the good news of how he spent his Spring holidays. Close that loop, Phil! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.