BarryOVega Posted June 17 Posted June 17 Surely WWE would be all over Jack Perry? Make a big deal about his dad, maybe even have a line about real glass, all while they call him Xander Pentecost on NXT Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 18 Paid Members Posted June 18 Jack Perry is 14 years too young to be a WWE Superstar. I agree with @LaGoosh that he's probably in the right place for him but if WWE really have no interest in a guy who looks and wrestles like him, has an incredible story and years of experience on TV, then the games gone. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 18 Paid Members Posted June 18 I think WWE would have interest in pretty much anyone who has been presented as a big deal in AEW, certainly someone called one of the "pillars" and seen as foundational. There's the optics of being able to say, "see, this is where they really want to work" and presenting WWE as the big leagues. AEW talent are probably the only wrestlers left that they're actually prepared to throw serious money at. With that in mind, if I were in Jack Perry's position, I'd look to every ex-AEW wrestler not named Cody, Danhausen, Jade Cargill, and maybe Penta, and question if WWE really have any interest in actually doing anything with him once they get there. And assuming that Perry doesn't need the money, and didn't get into wrestling with the ambition of working WWE, I assume he'd be content staying around where he is, rather than becoming the next Ricky Saints. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 18 Paid Members Posted June 18 Honestly, I do wonder what some wrestlers are thinking when they go to WWE that early in their careers. I know it's the big dream and all that, but just take a look at what they do with new talent. To a certain degree, I think AJ Styles did it right. He resisted long enough to build himself up on the "alternative" wrestling circuit to the point where they couldn't ignore him and they couldn't repackage him with a bullshit name or treat him like he was disposable - at least, not in his first few years there. If I'd had a wrestling career, that's how I would have liked to have done it. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted June 18 Posted June 18 29 minutes ago, BomberPat said: I think WWE would have interest in pretty much anyone who has been presented as a big deal in AEW, certainly someone called one of the "pillars" and seen as foundational. There's the optics of being able to say, "see, this is where they really want to work" and presenting WWE as the big leagues. AEW talent are probably the only wrestlers left that they're actually prepared to throw serious money at. With that in mind, if I were in Jack Perry's position, I'd look to every ex-AEW wrestler not named Cody, Danhausen, Jade Cargill, and maybe Penta, and question if WWE really have any interest in actually doing anything with him once they get there. And assuming that Perry doesn't need the money, and didn't get into wrestling with the ambition of working WWE, I assume he'd be content staying around where he is, rather than becoming the next Ricky Saints. I guess it also depends on what he wants and what he would consider to be successful. Take someone like Ethan Page for example - obviously you can argue that he's not at the tippy top of everything but I'd still consider his tenure so far to be pretty successful. It really comes down to expectations and where you see yourself. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted June 18 Paid Members Posted June 18 Jack Perry does have enough about him to where he could be a success in WWE. Good looking kid. Great in-ring. Celebrity ties. There’s potential there. It would even be very WWE to use Jack to bring Anna Jay in, then book every scenario possible to try and sabotage their relationship in real life. The writing room are probably already salivating at the worked shoot comments they could script for him and Punk. Their audience won’t have a fucking clue what they’re going on about and it’ll get deathly silence every single time, but when has that ever stopped them before? Right, Pat? But yeah. If you’ve got a sweet gig in AEW in 2026 you’d be fucking mental to consider jumping right now. Ask Malakai Black how that works out for you. Quote
Infinity Land Posted June 18 Posted June 18 He doesn't look like someone that will leave. Jack Perry FTW/TNT/National champion seems a perfect fit for NXT/North American champion level. He'd be used more regularly in NXT and he could end up with a catchphrase/merch worthy gimmick for the main roster. Give him a bodyguard, bring Anna Jay with him or someone else as a valet. He wouldn't look out of place in WWE. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 18 Paid Members Posted June 18 If the NXT crowd started chanting "Tony fumbled!" for fucking Jungle Boy then you know they're on the payroll. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted June 30 Posted June 30 Spoiler Big Cass is leaving AEW and is expected to return to WWE alongside Enzo Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted June 30 Paid Members Posted June 30 24 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: Reveal hidden contents Big Cass is leaving AEW and is expected to return to WWE alongside Enzo They've learned nothing. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 30 Paid Members Posted June 30 1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: They've learned nothing. Now. Then. Forever. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted June 30 Posted June 30 1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: They've learned nothing. Hard to learn things that can't be taught, to be fair. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 30 Paid Members Posted June 30 I always liked them. They were incredibly over at an NXT house show I went to and on the main roster. I'd rather they didn't employ any awful people but given they do, it's hard to justify not employing Enzo when there are worse people in high paying positions and in upper management. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted June 30 Posted June 30 Enzo's a twat but he's good on the mic and it'll be fun seeing him get thrown around. But nostalgia for ten years ago is just wild. May as well bring Ryback in while you're at it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.