2 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Good grief. Folk in here would have hated watching in the 90s when all the two companies did was take shots at each other.

I'm all for it, bring on any type of chaos possible.

I think there's a few things about this, one is I think society has moved on a bit and constant cynicism and shithousery isn't as charming as it might have been. Things, and people, have changed a lot since then.

But even if you accept its still as welcome as it might have been, it's a different kind of fight. WWF and WCW were trying to fight in the same weight class, as it were. They were trying to compete in the same world, so conflict probably felt more natural.

WWE and AEW are so different, both occasionally great in their own ways, but when they bicker it just entrenches the conflict between two types of people who already think what they think. It's shit and boring and just means were all talking about CM Punk and his AEW drama for more time. It's been years. Literally years. It baffles me people don't just want to move on.

Plus, Jack Perry is so shit. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I think there's a few things about this, one is I think society has moved on a bit and constant cynicism and shithousery isn't as charming as it might have been. Things, and people, have changed a lot since then.

But even if you accept its still as welcome as it might have been, it's a different kind of fight. WWF and WCW were trying to fight in the same weight class, as it were. They were trying to compete in the same world, so conflict probably felt more natural.

WWE and AEW are so different, both occasionally great in their own ways, but when they bicker it just entrenches the conflict between two types of people who already think what they think. It's shit and boring and just means were all talking about CM Punk and his AEW drama for more time. It's been years. Literally years. It baffles me people don't just want to move on.

Plus, Jack Perry is so shit. 

You also didn't have social media in the 90's.

Its almost impossible to engage in a serious discussion online as everyone just assumes (often rightly so btw) that you're just a bad faith actor that's coming it from an already entrenched position. Its a constant barrage of whatabouttery.

Not really watching any of them has its merits, believe me. A bit like being a Partick Thistle fan in Glasgow.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I won’t believe it’s not a work until I see the footage live and in colour. That being said it’s an absolutely dreadful and pathetic idea whether it’s real or not. 

• Paid Members

I’d love it to have started life as a work, and Punk to have “got fired” to make it “seem real” and head to WWE as part of his master plan, like Pillman in 96.

• Awards Moderator

If I hadn’t read this thread, I would have assumed the Bucks releasing exclusive footage from All In would have something to do with the fact that it was announced on the same show where FTR booked a match against them for the Tag Titles and the last time they wrestled was All In.

Which it still could be if they really wanted and that would be preferable. Just be fun, wrestling.

• Paid Members

If it is real I hope it's proper arms flailing embarrassing hand bags at dawn stuff. 

At the very least I hope this is leading to a specific angle. If it's just to make CM Punk look like a cunt...well I knew that already.

8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

At the very least I hope this is leading to a specific angle. If it's just to make CM Punk look like a cunt...well I knew that already.

This is absolutely the worst part of this, isn't it? It's just going to end up with it confirming what people already think.

I actually think the trap AEW might fall into is doing this the week Cody wins the world title for the first time, and whilst I'm sure they're not thinking about that at all, it'll be easy to cast it as a classless act given how he always did right by them, and continues to be pretty classy about them.

*EDIT* Nevermind, I've just been told they're doing Dustin vs Joe for a world title shot on Wednesday. Maybe they are thinking that way.

When's MJF back, brochacho? Can we just go back to July 2023 and all have a bit of a laugh again?

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

I hope it’s just footage of the Bucks dressed up as everyone involved. Terrible wigs, fake moustaches, a fat suit for Samoa Joe. I want poor editing, bad acting and Brandon Cutler fearing for his life in full Tony Khan cosplay. 

This is by far the best idea. Anything else just seems insane to me. If they release the actual footage, it’s just gonna be this, isn’t it?

IMG_8001.gif.de835b364fdfac4a8efa602f3ecf2da7.gif

1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

*EDIT* Nevermind, I've just been told they're doing Dustin vs Joe for a world title shot on Wednesday. Maybe they are thinking that way.

Dustin getting a title shot. Billy Gunn in a prime spot this week. RVD due back for 4/20. Jericho never ever leaving.

Come on TK do E&C v. The Hardys in a TLC match while you can. Sack another bunch of randoms and you'll have the budget to add the Dudleys.