RedRooster Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 55 minutes ago, Nick James said: Also, are they legally allowed to show footage of someone else who is contracted to their competitor as an actual segment? Feels like a really risky move for something that's going to have absolutely zero benefit to the show or company other than stroking egos. Unless contracts were signed to prevent it, I don’t think there’s anything that would stop them doing this from a legal perspective. I guess there’s a risk of defamation proceedings if Punk were to claim it was presented out of context or edited; but I guess if Punk’s recollection was noticeably inaccurate, that wouldn’t hold much water anyway. A decision to air footage of a real life assault seems like the kind of thing that might end up appearing in a ‘Rise and Fall of AEW’ book; there’s no benefit in doing this at all. When Khan lets the mask slip and reveals how thin-skinned he is, he inevitably ends up looking pathetic; and makes it harder to enjoy the company he’s promoting. Quote
Daddymagic Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 (edited) What a bunch of fucking dork losers the Bucks and TK are. I'll add - what is the point? Who is possibly interested? There is zero pay off with this and makes AEW look like idiots regardless. Edited April 7, 2024 by Daddymagic Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 7, 2024 1 hour ago, Nick James said: Also, are they legally allowed to show footage of someone else who is contracted to their competitor as an actual segment? Yes. It happened a lot during the Monday Night War. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 I'm here for all the pettiness both sides can deliver at this point, I need skits in response from WWE. Quote
Daddymagic Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 If I was Wembley I wouldn't be too thrilled with a company broadcasting CCTV of an assault on their property using their property backstage. Quote
Infinity Land Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 Not only is it petty bollocks. They're probably justifying it to themselves by saying it will be a good way to re-introduce Jack Perry to TV. Cos you know that's around the corner. As if the mid-card isn't already cluttered enough already. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 7, 2024 Members Posted April 7, 2024 2 hours ago, Nick James said: what the ratings are Quote
Loki Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 Disgusting and petty behaviour by AEW. I will definitely watch. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 7, 2024 53 minutes ago, Daddymagic said: If I was Wembley It's how I think of you. Now fuck off back to your lighthouse you green prick! Quote
The Gaffer Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 Brilliant. I'm more excited for it than anything tonight. Long live chaos. Quote
Tennessee Moltisanti Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 1 hour ago, Daddymagic said: If I was Wembley I wouldn't be too thrilled with a company broadcasting CCTV of an assault on their property using their property backstage. Chances are that AEW had their own camera crew backstage. Quote
TildeGuy~! Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 It’ll probably be some sort of piss take won’t it? Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted April 7, 2024 Paid Members Posted April 7, 2024 4 hours ago, Nick James said: Also, are they legally allowed to show footage of someone else who is contracted to their competitor as an actual segment? Feels like a really risky move for something that's going to have absolutely zero benefit to the show or company other than stroking egos. If its footage that was shot while he was working for them then yes,100% they can use it. In the same way WWE can include footage of Edge in a highlight reel now if they want. They own it. It gets a bit murkier if it's CCTV footage as UK privacy and GDPR come into play as its not AEWs footage, was in a private venue and would be published without (I assume) at least one parties consent. With all the legal back and forth that's happened up to this point, there is zero way Punk hasn't seen this footage already so I doubt it's a huge gotcha moment. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 7, 2024 Members Posted April 7, 2024 As long as it shows TK "fearing for his life" I'm all for it. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 7, 2024 Posted April 7, 2024 Unless everything we know is a lie and Jack Perry comes out on top, I don't know how they can possibly benefit from any of this. Everyone needs to grow up. TK also needs to be careful. Yes, WWE personalities have taken their shots over the last week, but they've picked their timing a lot more discerningly. He's using his actual TV shows on this rubbish. WWE might just be as bad, but they're not letting it affect their programming. Keep it fun, TK. Keep it fun. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.