55 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Also, are they legally allowed to show footage of someone else who is contracted to their competitor as an actual segment? Feels like a really risky move for something that's going to have absolutely zero benefit to the show or company other than stroking egos.

Unless contracts were signed to prevent it, I don’t think there’s anything that would stop them doing this from a legal perspective. I guess there’s a risk of defamation proceedings if Punk were to claim it was presented out of context or edited; but I guess if Punk’s recollection was noticeably inaccurate, that wouldn’t hold much water anyway.

A decision to air footage of a real life assault seems like the kind of thing that might end up appearing in a ‘Rise and Fall of AEW’ book; there’s no benefit in doing this at all. When Khan lets the mask slip and reveals how thin-skinned he is, he inevitably ends up looking pathetic; and makes it harder to enjoy the company he’s promoting. 

What a bunch of fucking dork losers the Bucks and TK are.

I'll add - what is the point? Who is possibly interested? There is zero pay off with this and makes AEW look like idiots regardless.

Edited by Daddymagic

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Also, are they legally allowed to show footage of someone else who is contracted to their competitor as an actual segment?

Yes. It happened a lot during the Monday Night War.

1 hour ago, Daddymagic said:

If I was Wembley I wouldn't be too thrilled with a company broadcasting CCTV of an assault on their property using their property backstage.

Chances are that AEW had their own camera crew backstage.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Nick James said:

Also, are they legally allowed to show footage of someone else who is contracted to their competitor as an actual segment? Feels like a really risky move for something that's going to have absolutely zero benefit to the show or company other than stroking egos.

If its footage that was shot while he was working for them then yes,100% they can use it. In the same way WWE can include footage of Edge in a highlight reel now if they want. They own it. 

It gets a bit murkier if it's CCTV footage as UK privacy and GDPR come into play as its not AEWs footage, was in a private venue and would be published without (I assume) at least one parties consent. 

With all the legal back and forth that's happened up to this point, there is zero way Punk hasn't seen this footage already so I doubt it's a huge gotcha moment. 

Unless everything we know is a lie and Jack Perry comes out on top, I don't know how they can possibly benefit from any of this.

Everyone needs to grow up.

TK also needs to be careful. Yes, WWE personalities have taken their shots over the last week, but they've picked their timing a lot more discerningly. He's using his actual TV shows on this rubbish. WWE might just be as bad, but they're not letting it affect their programming.

Keep it fun, TK. Keep it fun.