The Simpsons

SuperBacon

4 minutes ago, Wideload90 said:

As great as the arcade game, hit and run and road rage are, there's a tonne of absolute shite. Krustys fun house and Bart vs. Mutants are fucking awful, and simpsons wrestling was so bad. 

Road Rage wasn't great.

Hit and Run was decent. 

Edited by TheScarlettChad

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Road Rage wasn't great.

Hit and Run was decent. 

Take that back! Road Rage was brilliant and I wish they’d re-release it. You could drive the Homer car up the Escalator To Nowhere! Superb game.

Simpsons Movie Maker on PC in 19dicketywhenever was also great.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Playing the oldarcade game in some pub in whatever shithole coastal town my family went to that year on our summer holidays was a tradition I remember fondly.

I remember going on a youth hostel trip to Ambleside in year 7, and they had the Simpsons arcade in the rec room of the hostel we were staying at. It's the first time I managed to finish an arcade game. Only cost me £2 end to end as well. Konami were kings of the licensed beat em up around the turn of the 90s between that, TMNT, X-Men, and the oft overlooked Bucky O'Hare game. Plus they had Vendetta and Sunset Riders. 

@Wideload90Simpsons Skateboarding was pretty bad as well from what I saw of it.

I had this Simpsons board game back in the 90s as well. 

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38354/simpsons-board-game

Edited by jazzygeofferz

7 hours ago, Wideload90 said:

As great as the arcade game, hit and run and road rage are, there's a tonne of absolute shite. Krustys fun house and Bart vs. Mutants are fucking awful, and simpsons wrestling was so bad. 

Krusty’s Fun House was OK. Bart vs the Space Mutants, Bart vs the World and Bart’s Escape from Camp Deadly were all terrible. The Itchy and Scratchy game on SNES wasn’t great either. Acclaim (who are no longer in business) used to put their name to some pretty crap games at times. The early WWF games that they released were crap too.

I was always partial to "Virtual Bart" on the SNES (not sure about other consoles). I think I played it before actually watching a single episode of The Simpsons. Great pick up and play game with around 6-8 different games embedded.

The waterslide, pig Bart and tomato/egg throwing ones were my favorite while I couldn't stand the difficulty of dino Bart, Mad Max Bart and baby Bart. The opening/ ending scenes on each one were fantastic for the time especially the waterslide/pig level.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, BomberPat said:

It's especially crazy considering it was made after series one, so doesn't have 90% of the iconic characters and locations you'd expect, just a bunch of generic baddies who still manage to feel identifiable "Simpsons" in their presentation. And it has the old idea of Marge's hair hiding "Life Is Bell" bunny ears.

Plus the “first draft” version of Smithers.

IMG_1248.jpeg