The Simpsons

SuperBacon

I had Virtual Springfield on the PC. It was alright. You could pass a bit of time on it. Besides Simpsons Hit & Run I have no idea about these other games. Total blind spot. Actually Simpsons merch in general to me is a blind spot. Good grief I just remembered the knock off Rasta Bart shirts you could get.

7 hours ago, air_raid said:

Ā 

Ā 

Here's my review... on the Simpson scale of one to ten - ten being the highest, one being the lowest and five being average - I give this series a nine. Any questions? No? Then I'll just sit down.

Ok then. I give it Five Bags of Popcorn and two little Simpsons figurines.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Chili said:

I had Virtual Springfield on the PC. It was alright. You could pass a bit of time on it.Ā 

The one I desperate for as a kid but never got was Simpsons Cartoon Studio. But in hindsightā€¦ how many worthwhile original scenarios could you realistically create with a finite number of prerecorded voice effects that everyone else who bought the CD-ROM has already heard?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

The one I desperate for as a kid but never got was Simpsons Cartoon Studio. But in hindsightā€¦ how many worthwhile original scenarios could you realistically create with a finite number of prerecorded voice effects that everyone else who bought the CD-ROM has already heard?

We had a Spider-Man one when we got our first Windows PC. It was based around the mid 90s cartoon, so had Christopher Daniel BarnesĀ  doing some of the voices.Ā 

• Paid Members

I had the Spider-Man one, and Nickelodeon 3D Movie Maker, but struggled with both of them because a mate had Microsoft 3D Movie Maker, and we used to play around with it obsessively. and that felt so much bigger and fully formed that anything else felt like a cheap knock-off. I imagine it's aged horribly and isn't nearly as expansive as I remember, but 3DMM is long overdue a comeback for weird YouTube videos.

Ā 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Virtual Springfield was a bit shit, sadly. But Beavis and Butthead's Virtual Stupidity was class, I miss old cartoons being turned into point & click games. Duckman had a great one too.

Fucking hell, they made a Duckman game? You could do anything in the 90s, couldn't you?

• Paid Members

Even though most of it was shovelware and dogshit platformers, I do miss the days of every media property getting a tie-in video game, likeĀ Home ImprovementĀ getting a SNES platformer where you fight mummies and dinosaurs with a flamethrower.Ā 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Even though most of it was shovelware and dogshit platformers, I do miss the days of every media property getting a tie-in video game, likeĀ Home ImprovementĀ getting a SNES platformer where you fight mummies and dinosaurs with a flamethrower.Ā 

The 8 bit world was gold (turd?) for this because you could churn out any old shit for next to nothing.Ā 

give%2Bmy%2Bregards%2Bto%2Bbroad%2Bstreet.jpg

screen-shot-2018-01-22-at-12-16-35.png?1516623602