Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 4, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 4, 2025 (edited) 11 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: This seems a bit of an unfair thing to say in my opinion. It was meant tongue in cheek. I'm sure Punk genuinely doesn't know about the accusations against Gaiman. Edited January 4, 2025 by LaGoosh Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 4, 2025 Posted January 4, 2025 5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Coraline isn’t a Comic Book. Neither were his Dr Who episodes. And I’d give you that as a compelling reason if CM Punk wasn’t a massive Comic Book fan. And CM Punk watches films as often as Michael Owen so probably has no idea who Weinstein is. Anyway my point is, that’s a lazy excuse to give him a pass. It’s very possible he didn’t know, maybe it alluded him, but optical it’s not great which I think was the point being made. Yes I'm surprised you weren't the first to post it really. You're usually pretty eager to get your digs in. Theres been a massive regular deal made about Weinstein. Let's not pretend the talk about him and Gaiman was even remotely on the same scale. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted January 4, 2025 Posted January 4, 2025 I'm always excited to rush back to this thread to see if anyone has changed their mind about Ol' Phil. Alas. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted January 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 4, 2025 (edited) 27 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Coraline isn’t a Comic Book. Neither were his Dr Who episodes. This is the funniest thing written on this forum in a long time. "Um, he is nearly as famous as one of the biggest figures in Hollywood achually! He wrote some shitty episodes of a children's TV show!!" Edited January 4, 2025 by gmoney Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted January 4, 2025 Posted January 4, 2025 18 minutes ago, gmoney said: This is the funniest thing written on this forum in a long time. 19 minutes ago, gmoney said: "Um, he is nearly as famous as one of the biggest figures in Hollywood achually! He wrote some shitty episodes of a children's TV show!!" Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 4, 2025 36 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Anyway my point is, that’s a lazy excuse to give him a pass. It’s very possible he didn’t know, maybe it alluded him, but optical it’s not great which I think was the point being made. So what you're basically saying is, "Well, Phil may not have known about the accusations against Gaiman but that's no excuse for quoting him!" Come on, man. CM Punk farts in the wrong direction and you pile into this thread to tell everyone about it. And yet you don't do the same thing for Chris Jericho. Why is that? We know the answer and I'm not gonna say it because I don't think anyone, including both of us, needs Scorch vs D-Mal Part VIII. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted January 4, 2025 Posted January 4, 2025 The Weinstein stuff was 'main story on the 10 o'clock news' level. Neil Gaiman I only know of because I saw him in an episode of The Simpsons once so I presume he's famous. Quote
Doog Posted January 4, 2025 Posted January 4, 2025 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: Oof. I guess Triple H is rubbing off on him, seems Punk doesn't read about sexual assault accusations either. Embarrassing, you can back track with your "tongue in cheek" rubbish explanation but you know why you bumped this and it hasn't got the reaction you wanted. We get it, you don't like CM Punk, everything he does is wrong, he's the devil, etc etc. Scorch will like everything you post, Tony Khan is God, AEW AEW. Get over yourself. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 4, 2025 Members Posted January 4, 2025 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: It was meant tongue in cheek. I'm sure Punk genuinely doesn't know about the accusations against Gaiman. I'd like to give you the benefit of doubt, but it REALLY didn't come across like that (although I know tone* is lost in the written word) *actual tone, not lil Tone. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 4, 2025 26 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: So what you're basically saying is, "Well, Phil may not have known about the accusations against Gaiman but that's no excuse for quoting him!" Come on, man. CM Punk farts in the wrong direction and you pile into this thread to tell everyone about it. And yet you don't do the same thing for Chris Jericho. Why is that? We know the answer and I'm not gonna say it because I don't think anyone, including both of us, needs Scorch vs D-Mal Part VIII. Actually, I don’t actually think it was THAT bad in the grand scheme of things. He does that old person thing of seeing something on social media and posting it without realising it was a bit of a faux pas. I did think @DavidB6937 made a flimsy excuse which I did call out (and he got a great dig in there against me and I’ve re-evaluated my life. I’ve now got alerts for every social media platform so that whenever fragile fhill posts I’ll post it quicker then Olympic Chutney reporting a minor celebs death). However I’m not letting you off on the Jericho slander. I hate him as a person and on both social media and in person have asked him where his wife was on January 6th. Sure, in person it may have been during a quiet portion of his match and it was edited out of the broadcast as it was a pre record, but I did it. Honest! Anyway man new year new us! Quote
King Pitcos Posted January 4, 2025 Posted January 4, 2025 1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I'm always excited to rush back to this thread to see if anyone has changed their mind about Ol' Phil. Alas. There are definitely people who have changed their minds about him. There were people on here who used to think CM Punk was God and Stephanie McMahon and Triple H were the devil, but some of those people now think CM Punk is the devil as well. And given his evil, selfish, narcissistic, life-threatening betrayal of Little Lord Khantleroy, who can blame them?? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 4, 2025 1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said: And CM Punk watches films as often as Michael Owen so probably has no idea who Weinstein is. Just because he didn’t watch one of the Rocky films that Moxley likes? Or any of the Rocky’s I think for that matter. Punk is a lot of things. But let’s not compare him to Michael Owen here. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted January 4, 2025 Members Posted January 4, 2025 Anyway, have some happy Phil saying hello to all his mates. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 4, 2025 I sometimes read this thread with the same face CM Punk has when working with Seth Rollins. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted January 4, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 4, 2025 Punk recently posted about the death of the Friday the 13th game, so he's regained some brownie points from me. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.