Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 27, 2025 Just when I thought I couldn't like him more, he's mean about Yeezys. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted January 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 27, 2025 The Young Bucks would never be caught unaware in the world of sneakers! (But they couldn’t manage a Target). Quote
organizedkaos Posted January 28, 2025 Posted January 28, 2025 (edited) On 1/21/2025 at 10:06 AM, d-d-d-dAz said: I think some people have decided that by 'diva', he meant 'women' and was using 'women' as an insult.  I mean it's not really deciding is it? He might not have meant it in such way but both the etymology of the word diva and it's most common modern usage is based around women. The most common usage would basically be "difficult woman". Thus if you're using the word diva to insult a man it's not outlandish to suggest it's coming from a place of "comparing a man to a woman is a pejorative". I'm sure there are people using it in bad faith because Phil was mean to Tony but also that doesn't change the fact it's a bit of a shit insult to broadcast on social media and arguably reinforces the idea that it would be bad to be thought of as feminine even if that's not what he meant. That doesn't mean we have to all get angry and cancel Mr Punk. It's OK to mispeak. People can say the wrong thing. Doesn't mean we have to villify them but conversley doesn't mean we need to do semantic somersaults as to defend them.  You can understand why something is a bit rubbish to say without thinking the person who spoke to be inherently a bad person.  Edited January 28, 2025 by organizedkaos Tom Tom Club - Wordy Rappinghood (Funk Hunk re-edit) Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted January 28, 2025 Posted January 28, 2025 I've never done a somersault in my life. I dunno about all of that, though. Diva is definitely still used as an insult (or compliment) for both genders. The metro did a piece last week calling a Traitors guy a diva. I think everyone's overthinking it. Of all the iffy things Big Phil has ever said, this isn't even top 100. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 28, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 28, 2025 20 hours ago, Supremo said: But they couldn’t manage a Target To be fair I've never really understood this as an insult. I've been to Target a few times in the US and they've all been massive with presumably dozens if not hundreds of employees. I bet managing a Target is pretty hard work. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 28, 2025 I wonder if AJ told him off for spending so much on trainers. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted January 28, 2025 Posted January 28, 2025 2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I've never done a somersault in my life. I dunno about all of that, though. Diva is definitely still used as an insult (or compliment) for both genders. The metro did a piece last week calling a Traitors guy a diva. I think everyone's overthinking it. Of all the iffy things Big Phil has ever said, this isn't even top 100. It's absolutely used for anyone these days as an insult. I remember it used to be more for pop singers (quite positively in fact) but these days it's definitely a bad behavioural term and not female exclusive. Quote
Chili Posted January 28, 2025 Posted January 28, 2025 Ugh, thought he'd finally punched someone again. Nevermind. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 28, 2025 He could at least have LOOKED at the Adidas. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2025 This is really good. Jackie Redmond is an excellent interviewer. Goes to one or two surprising places. Terrible clothing. Quote
SwayWays Posted January 31, 2025 Posted January 31, 2025 On 1/27/2025 at 9:15 PM, SuperBacon said: Punk goes trainer shopping. His face when the total is rung up... His face? Fuck, one set was over two thirds of the price. But I respect him being like "is it her shoes?..." he'd have sent them back and cut his own hair. And I'd respect that Quote
deathrey Posted January 31, 2025 Posted January 31, 2025 9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Terrible clothing. Hey!! My 4 year old has that top and he loves it Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2025 24 minutes ago, deathrey said: Hey!! My 4 year old has that top and he loves it Because it's for 4 year olds not 46 year olds! Quote
deathrey Posted January 31, 2025 Posted January 31, 2025 To be fair, my eyesight is awful and I though it was The Hulk on the t-shirt, I zoomed and I don't think it is. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 31, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2025 Just now, deathrey said: To be fair, my eyesight is awful and I though it was The Hulk on the t-shirt, I zoomed and I don't think it is. And in fairness, if you'd said that's who it was to me I'd have believed you because I have no idea otherwise. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.