Jump to content

The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Starmer's whole strategy has basically been to be a bit less shit than the government. As nice as it is to imagine he's going to pull back the hood and reveal himself to be a lefty he's more likely to pull back the hood and reveal a redder shade of Tory. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I would wager that's one of those "not reading the replies is self care" tweets.

  • Paid Members
Posted

It's absolutely imperative we concentrate on getting the Tories out at all costs!

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Fuck's sake. He's my MP as well. After years of detesting him for being a slavish Blairite minion, I thought he might have finally turned a corner when he realised that things were not all as hunky-dory as he might have believed when all the racists loudly came out of the woodwork, as he was starting to sound a bit more principled. This is a massive fucking step back.

Posted
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Fuck's sake. He's my MP as well. After years of detesting him for being a slavish Blairite minion, I thought he might have finally turned a corner when he realised that things were not all as hunky-dory as he might have believed when all the racists loudly came out of the woodwork, as he was starting to sound a bit more principled. This is a massive fucking step back.

I don't believe people want principled people in politics. They want to be told what they want to hear. Its why we have shit bags in power; people claim they want honesty but in fact they agreement w their world view. 

Unfortunately Starmer et al will only ever win by playing to the rhetoric that is most prevalent. This country isn't remotely leftist and I don't believe many like a more socialist agenda (unless it benefits them directly). It is, and always will be, won in the centre ground, and Starmer would do well to walk the tightrope between the Tory and Corbyn type agendas. 

I don't mind Starmer though I have no idea what he stands for. Saying that, I'd vote for a rotten sea cucumber over the Tories any day of the week. I detest and loathe those self serving pricks 

Posted

Oh dear, this could be curtains for Starmer. What with Femi putting him on notice and now this, if Steve Bray starts bellowing outside parliament it’s all over. 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...