The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)

David

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Probably the Labour MP I hate the most. 

Draw up a list of the ones you like Keith it will be quicker. I've always been a Labour man but currently the red side have some of the smuggest MPs I can remember. Pug faced chancers aplenty. 

On 4/23/2023 at 4:23 PM, Keith Houchen said:

You can tell someone is black (or not white to be more accurate) by sight. The same can’t be said about Jews or GRTs. 

I mean, there's a lot of anti-semitic tropes about what Jewish people look like. Abbot even uses one when she talks about red haired people facing prejudice. That was a defining image of Jewish stereotypes for a very long time (possibly less so now). A lot of anti-semitic propaganda is about how you can spot Jewish people. 

3 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I mean, there's a lot of anti-semitic tropes about what Jewish people look like. Abbot even uses one when she talks about red haired people facing prejudice. That was a defining image of Jewish stereotypes for a very long time (possibly less so now). A lot of anti-semitic propaganda is about how you can spot Jewish people. 

Yet you can’t tell someone is Jewish just by looking at them. That’s why Nazis marked their clothes so that you COULD tell. 

Fuck me, this was brutal and brilliant. 

Also during PMQs, Starmer got his sums very wrong regarding a deposit for a house. I’m sure he will get the same treatment Diane Abbott still gets. 

Fish & Chips at Harrowside after my civic duty earlier. Very nice too.

By the by it was a 20 minute walk to our polling station but 5 minutes from the front door we passed the polling station for the neighbouring ward.

It felt very much as if geography and the electoral commission were taking the piss.

My polling station was in the common room of a sheltered housing place, which is a new one for me. 

More awkwardly, my youngests classmates Dad is standing for Councillor for the Tories, and was there when I went.

"Did you vote for him Dad?"

"...not exactly" 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

my civic duty

It says something for this place that this initially read to me as a euphemism for taking a shit.

• Paid Members
On 5/3/2023 at 3:05 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Fuck me, this was brutal and brilliant. 

Also during PMQs, Starmer got his sums very wrong regarding a deposit for a house. I’m sure he will get the same treatment Diane Abbott still gets. 

I don’t think he did. 95% mortgages are what they were referring (if I remember correctly) to so for an £180k mortgage that would be a £9k deposit.

49 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t think he did. 95% mortgages are what they were referring (if I remember correctly) to so for an £180k mortgage that would be a £9k deposit.

The average house price in the UK is £290k though, so he was way off even if Labour are trying to spin it as that’s what he was going for. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The average house price in the UK is £290k though, so he was way off even if Labour are trying to spin it as that’s what he was going for. 

Did he say the average, I thought it was an example. Either way it’s a bit clutchy in the grand scheme of things