Jump to content

The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Probably the Labour MP I hate the most. 

Draw up a list of the ones you like Keith it will be quicker. I've always been a Labour man but currently the red side have some of the smuggest MPs I can remember. Pug faced chancers aplenty. 

Posted

Just wait till after the next election when there's MORE of them!!  At least Corbyn had the decency to lose seats...

Posted
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Just wait till after the next election when there's MORE of them!!  At least Corbyn had the decency to lose seats...

Surely there’s a seat for Paul Mason somewhere!

Posted
On 4/23/2023 at 4:23 PM, Keith Houchen said:

 

You can tell someone is black (or not white to be more accurate) by sight. The same can’t be said about Jews or GRTs. 

I mean, there's a lot of anti-semitic tropes about what Jewish people look like. Abbot even uses one when she talks about red haired people facing prejudice. That was a defining image of Jewish stereotypes for a very long time (possibly less so now). A lot of anti-semitic propaganda is about how you can spot Jewish people. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I mean, there's a lot of anti-semitic tropes about what Jewish people look like. Abbot even uses one when she talks about red haired people facing prejudice. That was a defining image of Jewish stereotypes for a very long time (possibly less so now). A lot of anti-semitic propaganda is about how you can spot Jewish people. 

Yet you can’t tell someone is Jewish just by looking at them. That’s why Nazis marked their clothes so that you COULD tell. 

Posted

Fuck me, this was brutal and brilliant. 

Also during PMQs, Starmer got his sums very wrong regarding a deposit for a house. I’m sure he will get the same treatment Diane Abbott still gets. 

Posted

Fish & Chips at Harrowside after my civic duty earlier. Very nice too.

By the by it was a 20 minute walk to our polling station but 5 minutes from the front door we passed the polling station for the neighbouring ward.

It felt very much as if geography and the electoral commission were taking the piss.

  • Members
Posted

My polling station was in the common room of a sheltered housing place, which is a new one for me. 

More awkwardly, my youngests classmates Dad is standing for Councillor for the Tories, and was there when I went.

"Did you vote for him Dad?"

"...not exactly" 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

my civic duty

It says something for this place that this initially read to me as a euphemism for taking a shit.

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 5/3/2023 at 3:05 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Fuck me, this was brutal and brilliant. 

Also during PMQs, Starmer got his sums very wrong regarding a deposit for a house. I’m sure he will get the same treatment Diane Abbott still gets. 

I don’t think he did. 95% mortgages are what they were referring (if I remember correctly) to so for an £180k mortgage that would be a £9k deposit.

Posted
49 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t think he did. 95% mortgages are what they were referring (if I remember correctly) to so for an £180k mortgage that would be a £9k deposit.

The average house price in the UK is £290k though, so he was way off even if Labour are trying to spin it as that’s what he was going for. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The average house price in the UK is £290k though, so he was way off even if Labour are trying to spin it as that’s what he was going for. 

Did he say the average, I thought it was an example. Either way it’s a bit clutchy in the grand scheme of things

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...