Jump to content

The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)


Recommended Posts

Posted

I insist on casting my vote so I can feel I have contributed in some way, even if it is by picking the candidate I find least reprehensible. This time, though, I find myself seriously considering casting my vote as NONE/NOTA, but it still feels futile, a fist-at-cloud moment and a waste. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Tories, Labour, LibDems and Greens round here. So that's four lots of fuck off. I'm sure there used to be a wider range of choices for council elections.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Got another Labour leaflet through the door this morning and just to hammer home how old the candidates are they use an @ntlworld.com email.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bloody hell. 

Posted

PMQs was shit for him today, his prepared defence for his time as DPP was to bring out a letter from the tories who said he was doing a great job. Yeah mate, the tories thought you were well skill, great stuff. 
 

Mind you, Sunak trying to get “Sir Softy” was terrible but imagine getting outflanked by that little dweeb. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Peter Oborne's babyface turn is unexpected but his interviews with DDN have been really in-depth and superbly researched.

 

Posted

Peter Oborne has always been a fantastic journalist, did great work with Dispatches on C4 back in the day, and is also an excellent political writer.  He's always been a strong advocate for the Muslim community, even during his Mail or Telegraph days.  "The Assault On Truth" is well worth reading - all of his books are to be honest.

He's fallen foul mainly of the very cliquey way that Westminster politics in particular is covered.  He attacked journalists from across the spectrum for being too close to Westminster and government, and has found himself somewhat of a pariah sadly.  Whether that is temporary or not, I don't know. 

One of our best journalists for three decades.

Posted

She’s been suspended. I get the point she was making, albeit very badly, I remember growing up and John Junor wrote a piece about how he wished the Irish weren’t white so you could spot them. We were spat on in shops when our accents were heard. But to me it wasn’t racism. 
 

What going to be particularly galling is hearing so many so called anti racists pipe up now despite being silent in all the years Abbott was the most racially abused person in politics. 

Posted (edited)

I get her point.  Her point is that only black people can experience racism.  Her point is bullshit, and she’s been rightly suspended.

Edit: her excuse is bullshit too.  I know she’s gaffe prone but I don’t buy that.

Edited by Loki
Posted

It turns out there IS a hierarchy of racism after all. 
 

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

Her point is that only black people can experience racism.

I read it as white people can’t experience racism?  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...