The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)

David

The Home Secretary was all over the media talking about Pakistani grooming gangs and then a day or two that came out? It totally plays into the brown men are bad nonces and look out for each other trope. 

54 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

'Won't someone think of the poor nonces'

Who is doing that? The objection is about the presentation. 
The tweet in question has now been flagged for misinformation. I can see the tories bringing up Savile again regarding prosecuting child abusers. It’s inaccurate, sure, but people believe it. 

Is world politics fine here, too?

It looks like Saudi Arabia's war against Yemen might finally be over! There's been a public showing of China holding talks between them lately, doing the job Biden had promised but seemingly never bothered to keep.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Local elections coming up and having seen the candidates I won't be bothering to vote for the first time since I was eligible. We have 5 candidates in my ward, 2 Labour, 2 Tory and 1 Reform UK.
The two Labour candidates are in their 70s, possibly 80s and one is already deputy mayor of our town. They're the only ones so far to have delivered any leaflets through the post but with all due respect, at their age they should be nowhere near the decision making for future generations.
The two Tory candidates (not that I'd have voted them anyway) don't even have photos on the website so god knows who they are.
The Reform UK candidate is the only one to have put any effort in, with direct links to socials, manifests and a photo. They're younger as well so in terms of relatability to my generation they looked promising. I had no idea who Reform UK were though so a quick look at his stuff and straight away it's "stop the boats" and "make Britain great again".
A shame really as the rest of the manifest has a lot of stuff that does sound good, at least on paper.

5 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

had no idea who Reform UK were though so a quick look at his stuff and straight away it's "stop the boats" and "make Britain great again".
A shame really as the rest of the manifest has a lot of stuff that does sound good, at least on paper.

Yeah it’s the Brexit party who rebranded just before they had to declare their income as then we would have seen how much they fleeced out of people. 

In my ward, it’s Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, and Green, so it’s nope for me, Clive. Was hoping the Communists would run after they said they’d have a candidate in greater Manchester but it was wishful thinking. They’re in Bury  

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

In my ward, it’s Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, and Green, so it’s nope for me, Clive. Was hoping the Communists would run after they said they’d have a candidate in greater Manchester but it was wishful thinking. They’re in Bury  

Didn't TUSC run a candidate in your area? What happened to them?

EDIT: Ah, got mixed up - was Chorley, not Chorlton. Sorry.

Edited by Carbomb

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Didn't TUSC run a candidate in your area? What happened to them?

EDIT: Ah, got mixed up - was Chorley, not Chorlton. Sorry.

Yeah my area is ponce central to be honest. They’d be better focusing the limited resources in more working class areas where they can build momentum and make a difference. 

Which Communist Party, Keith?  The Communist Party of Britain, the Communist Party of Great Britain (Provisional Central Committee), or the Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist-Leninist)?  Surely one of them must be building some momentum by now.