The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)

David

On 5/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

The speaker of the house with a rare showing of his backbone 

She's our MP and she's awful! Another one of these 'parachuted in' jobs and she's rarely seen in the constituency and certainly has no care for residents issues.

Just wish it wasn't such a safe Blue seat so someone could realistically oust her.

1 hour ago, David said:

Just when the Tories though they were dead, the British left come sprinting in like the Warrior saving Hogan from Sid and Papa Shango! 

Forget the Tories David, we’ve got to concentrate on the real enemy of the Left…. the not-quite-as-Left, those bastards.

Edited by Loki

Well, when you are on the left, the things you don’t like do tend to be Tory principles and ideology, yes. That’s kind of what pushes you to the left, a dislike of inequality, exploitation, and social hierarchy. 

Labour may be on the left of the current Overton Window, but that is hardly positioned on the left. Ken Clarke and his ilk were on the left of the Conservative Party, but they were still on the right, just not as much as the others. 

32 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

People do have a strange perception of what “The left” is, don’t they. It’s canonically in line with “Everything I don’t like is woke”

In regard to my prior comment, I made mention of "the left" as individuals positioned leftward of the Conservative Party, so to speak. Now, let me clarify, I am not an ardent admirer of Keir Starmer and the Labour Party, but one cannot help but observe a peculiar phenomenon unfolding. It appears that those who have dedicated a significant portion of recent years to critiquing Tory governance and fostering hopes of their downfall now find themselves tantalizingly close to witnessing that very occurrence. And yet, astonishingly enough, they have chosen this moment to redirect their scrutiny towards Labour, revealing their purported deficiencies. Is this not a curious turn of events?

14 minutes ago, David said:

And yet, astonishingly enough, they have chosen this moment to redirect their scrutiny towards Labour, revealing their purported deficiencies. Is this not a curious turn of events?

Who are “They” in this? (EDIT - apologies, you said who) Because the left have been highly critical of Labour since Starmer lied and broke all of his election pledges. If you mean the journalistic world, it’s no surprise is it? 

Being slightly less shit than the tories is not a reason to support Labour. Nor does it make you a Tory enabler. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

You can tell yourself that

Hey Keith, Being slightly less shit than the tories is not a reason to support Labour. Nor does it make you a Tory enabler. 

Cheers chief.