Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Regardless of what he thinks of me, I felt genuinely happy for Butch upon seeing the news. Knowing the punch the air feeling of getting promoted back into the premier league and how happy I felt, this is probably that times 10. I’d love to see how Wrexham is actually celebrating I bet it’s like it’s 1999 all over again.

• Paid Members

It's brilliant news, gives me more reason to try and go on my bus mission to Wrexham. It'll be a long day, but I'm sure it'll be a good trip. 

4 hours ago, METAL ON METAL said:

. Rob pissing tears at the end was wonderful. Love that bloke. (side note: Rob decided he wanted to buy a football club after watching Sunderland Til I Die)

And they asked the Monkey Hangers first! And they got turned down. Thank god they are thick as fuck in Hartlepool as we’ve had City Status, Wrexham Council insvestib GB 25 for a stand when they never gave us fuck all previous, and the final stage of the Tour of Britain cycling next year

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

And they asked the Monkey Hangers first! And they got turned down. Thank god they are thick as fuck in Hartlepool as we’ve had City Status, Wrexham Council insvestib GB 25 for a stand when they never gave us fuck all previous, and the final stage of the Tour of Britain cycling next year

As someone who lives next to (but thankfully not in) Hartlepool, I can confirm it’s a shit hole and they lucked out not ending up there.

• Paid Members

Wrexham town centre seemed to be absolutely rocking last night, bet it was a great night.

But if Reynolds and McElhenny want to turn babyface in my house they’ll have to send an application to the FAW to join the Welsh Premier.

Edited by garynysmon

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

This is not live chat, but can someone check that Bacon is ok. 

I'm good. My self hatred is such that I will never EVER turn off. top gear ladies GIF

Edit: embarrassing, but not as embarrassing as the SPURS ARE SHIT emergency alert mock ups I saw in group chats and on Twitter.

Pure Mrs Browns Boys humour. 

As always, liquidate the club please. 

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

I actually had a whine to a mate yesterday about five awful results in eight games … then THAT.

Of course, Kane scored his reliable goal as if to say “Don’t lump me in with the rest of these jokers, I’m not shit.” Somehow makes it feel worse.

My 10yo was at a party.

"Will you let me know the score and then I'll check it when we have a break to see if we are winning?" she said. So naive.

spacer.png

Bless her. She then asked why we picked this team, so I had to remind her that I picked this team and she really had no choice. What a bad parent.

I've mentioned before how I grew up in a split allegiances house with  Dad and I being Mags and my brother and sister supporting Sunderland so I don't really subscribe to a lot of the local tribalism in football, especially in the North East.

Today is a pretty good day for the football so far. As exciting and hilarious as the Newcastle game was I find myself quite excited at the outside prospect of Sunderland Vs Boro as the Play-Off Final. The richest game in club football being the Tony Mowbray Derby would make me smile.

Now hopefully Brighton beat United and it'll be perfect.

4 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

I find myself quite excited at the outside prospect of Sunderland Vs Boro as the Play-Off Final. The richest game in club football being the Tony Mowbray Derby would make me smile.

Mogga managed us as well so even if Cov somehow make it, it could still possibly be his final!

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Mogga managed us as well so even if Cov somehow make it, it could still possibly be his final!

He's low key one of my favourite people in football. For a player that didn't have a glamorous career and quite frankly looks the way he does he's always seemed almost romantically commited to playing attractive football and developing players. 

1 hour ago, BrodyGraham said:

He's low key one of my favourite people in football. For a player that didn't have a glamorous career and quite frankly looks the way he does he's always seemed almost romantically commited to playing attractive football and developing players. 

And eating Jaffa Cakes.

I love the bloke, he’s just an absolutely genuine nice person. He had been coming to pretty much all our and Boro’s home games as a fan since leaving Blackburn, just cause he wanted to see all North East teams to do well.

I was on the fence when he got hired but the way he’s developed our young team, the way he’s shielded them from criticism by taking it himself and the way he’s often not over complicated things for his players by just letting young creative players be creative players. Just the best man-manager we’ve had since Peter Reid - probably even further back. I’ll admit I was skeptical of his tactical prowess but, as well as the utterly beautiful football we have played this season, he did a really interesting interview on Radio Newcastle shortly after his hiring which was really eyeopening. He really knows his shit and spends pretty much all his spare time watching/studying football - a footballing dinosaur, he ain’t.

But yeah, please do yourself a favour and look at some of his pre-match press conferences on Twitter for his impromptu chocolate/sweet reviews and reminiscing over discontinued items. Always has a bar of chocolate in his coat pocket, he’s just a proper loveable grandad.