Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

Sad thing is, it's not even that bothering or surprising nowadays. I had a lovely 4 fold on the go when we were ahead and at that point I just had a sinking feeling and surprise surprise, we lost.

Heard a crap stat - the last 3 times Davison Sanchez has been subbed on in the last quarter of a match, we've conceded in the last 5mins and lost. That bloke needs to be got rid of. Brings nothing to the team 

7 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Heard a crap stat - the last 3 times Davison Sanchez has been subbed on in the last quarter of a match, we've conceded in the last 5mins and lost. That bloke needs to be got rid of. Brings nothing to the team 

Agree, but not exactly his fault he hasn't been sold is it?

Unsuited to the system, absolutely cannot play out, and the situation today was completely unfair on him, and I don't place the blame on him. That is all on the manager. 

And also booing him off? Fuck that. Boo a team off if you absolutely must, but an individual player? No, not for me. I think that's pathetic. 

Edit: also I know it's not the point the stat is making, but the bloke wasn't on the pitch when the 3rd goal went in. Not really his fault.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Awards Moderator

Eberechi Eze is going to the top. The very top. He’s ridiculous. One of the reasons Vieira got his P45 was surely due to not utilising the kid. I can’t remember a time I saw a Palace player enjoy playing football this much. His smile is infectious; Bolasie was probably the most recent but Eze is a class above that mad bastard.

Zaha is off in the summer and McArthur - our best ever PL player - needs to go to that nursing home in Cocoon so I hope we can hold on to Eze and Olise for at least a year until they both go on to bigger and better things.

Big summer coming up for us in terms of managerial and on-field recruits, but for now I’ll enjoy three on the bounce with our Roy.

Two things happening at the Racecourse tomorrow. A visit from Paul Rudd who was a supporting actor in Gregg Turkington’s ant man. And Conor McGregor sending a shitty van of his poor stout.

I give it five bags of popcorn and a bag to wretch that Mick bastards poor ale into.

Edited by Butch2000

Obviously footballers get a bad rap what with being on a different planet from fans, and how they’re distant and dismissive. But the way the Arsenal players took the time to chat, smile, and even acknowledge this little girl is really lovely. 

14 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

That Danny Armstrong cretin is also getting rinsed for defending them.

Ah. I didn’t know if he was well known enough. My partner was talking about discrimination against disabled people in the rental sector on the local Facebook group and he started with loads of ableism. Even went through her profile to get a picture of her when she had red hair, added text to mock her about being a typical leftie. He also suggests a local wheelchair user who highlights access issues in Chorlton gets her tyres slashed. 

I know he’s been on Gbeebies, is he one of those try hards attempting to launch a career as a contrarian?

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Who?

Some GBeebies shitpipe. He's got the most replies at the moment.

1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah. I didn’t know if he was well known enough. My partner was talking about discrimination against disabled people in the rental sector on the local Facebook group and he started with loads of ableism. Even went through her profile to get a picture of her when she had red hair, added text to mock her about being a typical leftie. He also suggests a local wheelchair user who highlights access issues in Chorlton gets her tyres slashed. 

I know he’s been on Gbeebies, is he one of those try hards attempting to launch a career as a contrarian?

Looks like it. His replies are requisitely juvenile and fuckbrained. That he has only 8K followers despite all that is satisfying though.

Edited by Carbomb

3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Just goes to show, Arsenal may become eventual champions of the league but the champions of the people will be the team finishing probably somewhere between 7th and 10th. 

I dunno, we are up to sixth now and if all goes well we will make the playoffs. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The decision to tweet that is something.

Definitely a poor choice of footage by the social media person. Looks like it was a bit of a misrepresentation of her time with the players though, as per the girl's Dad in reply:

And a clip of the team meeting all the other mascots, including Odegaard having a conversation with the girl in question and checking she's OK. 

Obviously that initial bit of footage without context isn't a great look and the players 100% should be doing more to interact with the mascots, but it sounds like the mascots generally have a brilliant time.

There are plenty of sticks worthy of beating Arsenal with (take your pick, both fans and club and we deserve most of the flack on both counts) but not sure this is necessarily the strongest one to choose.