Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

18 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Imagine having paid £718 for your kid to hold hands with Gylfi Sigurdson and then having to watch Everton.

Imagine believing that, the club’s main mascot deal is free and picked from season ticket and membership holders aged 5-13

The people’s team snatched a point at Blackburn tonight with the last kick of the game. And it was the goalie who scored it. Up for a corner, chests it down and bundles it in. Absolutely glorious. Rovers fans claiming handball makes it sweeter. 

• Paid Members

Typical Rovers. I think they're biding their time in the hopes that they can get promoted the season Burnley get relegated. Mind you they always seem to switch off late in the game/season. 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

The people’s team snatched a point at Blackburn tonight with the last kick of the game. And it was the goalie who scored it. Up for a corner, chests it down and bundles it in. Absolutely glorious. Rovers fans claiming handball makes it sweeter. 

Don't worry Houchey your getting in the play offs. Millwall are in the midst of their traditional battle to finish just out of the play offs. 7th or 8th for us guaranteed. 

5 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

That’s not as funny though.

But it’s still Everton so it’s always going to have a large element of hilarity. If it wasn’t for Le Branque and my cousin (from Dublin, obviously) I’d want them to get relegated. 

• Paid Members

I love stuff like this:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64032536

Not women getting ACL injuries, I mean. But the amount of research and thought that's gone into an article about something that I never even realised was an issue until I read it. Fascinating, hopefully it will lead to greater investment in fitness programs and facilities for female players.

25 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I love stuff like this:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64032536

Not women getting ACL injuries, I mean. But the amount of research and thought that's gone into an article about something that I never even realised was an issue until I read it. Fascinating, hopefully it will lead to greater investment in fitness programs and facilities for female players.

The bit about the boots was particularly interesting. Medicine has always been centred on male biology and it’s no surprise that sport equipment is too. She makes a good point regarding the perception of the menstrual cycle. Berks kicking up a fuss because a team stops wearing white shorts always lead to hilarious biological illiteracy. 

I’m sure the rise of the women’s game will close the gap on the years of training mentioned in the article and it hopefully won’t be an issue in 20 years. 

For when he inevitably recovers from a 3 week hangover - congrats Butch!

You can say what you want about Wrexham ‘buying the league’ ect. but when you see Reynolds and especially Rob McElhenney take to a team and community like they have and bring everyone even closer together, it’s hard not be happy for them. Rob pissing tears at the end was wonderful. Love that bloke. (side note: Rob decided he wanted to buy a football club after watching Sunderland Til I Die)

Being from a fellow poverty-stricken mining town myself where football is everything and your whole week is spent looking forward to the match, I’ve got a massive soft spot for Wrexham. Looking forward to seeing them back where they belong in the football league.

I still think Parkinson is a shit manager though, from personal experience.