Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

What a job Unai Emery has done at Aston Villa. 17th in the table and only outside the relegation zone when Gerrard got binned - now in the top six as I type and the prospect of Europe on the horizon. Some return. Give him his flowers. 

31 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

Good to see Lampard still has the magic touch. He’s destined to steal a living as a premier league manager for a long time. 

"It's crazy, 10 years ago when I was here I'd not long won the Champions League and we were about to win the Europa League!!!"

spacer.png

"But then I found out Thatcher died and it nearly ruined the whole season. A decade on and it still hurts"

spacer.png

Went to Halifax yesterday. We took 5000. Highlight of the day was a pub lunch in Sowerby Bridge. 

Proof that despite Wrexham being the second biggest club in the world after Wolves, that doesn’t stop you being a bottle job

Pickford had a worldie yesterday, keeping the score down to 2-0. Everton shitter than usual. Utd had 21 shots by half time. Godfrey played at left back getting ripped to pieces whilst the only left back in the team, Mykolenko was on the bench.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Rossman said:

Pickford had a worldie yesterday, keeping the score down to 2-0. Everton shitter than usual. Utd had 21 shots by half time. Godfrey played at left back getting ripped to pieces whilst the only left back in the team, Mykolenko was on the bench.

Everton were awful but also had the best chance of the first half when Simms missed. He was dreadful, is he seen as a big prospect?

Scott McTominay is currently in the middle of his yearly 5 game spell where he looks like the second coming of Edgar Davids. One more left against Sevilla on Thursday and then next Sunday he'll be back to falling over and shitting himself every time the ball is near him.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

Went to Halifax yesterday. We took 5000. Highlight of the day was a pub lunch in Sowerby Bridge. 

Proof that despite Wrexham being the second biggest club in the world after Wolves, that doesn’t stop you being a bottle job

Absolutely mad that there's still games to play and BOTH your mob and Notts County are now on 100 points. What a season it's been in the National League. Season 2 of Welcome to Wrexham is going to be one hell of a follow-up. 

@Butch2000 Would you rather go straight up, or have a day out at Wembley on April 13th? 

7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Everton were awful but also had the best chance of the first half when Simms missed. He was dreadful, is he seen as a big prospect?

He's in the team because we have noone else. Simms had a good spell at Sunderland for the first half of the season. But he is best suited playing off the main striker. Seeing as Everton have no strikers he's become it and spends 90 minutes, chasing lost causes. 

13 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Absolutely mad that there's still games to play and BOTH your mob and Notts County are now on 100 points. What a season it's been in the National League. Season 2 of Welcome to Wrexham is going to be one hell of a follow-up. 

@Butch2000 Would you rather go straight up, or have a day out at Wembley on April 13th? 

We have to go straight up. We’ve not got the bottle for the playoffs. Tomorrow is the big one. 

County at home tomorrow. It’s televised. Another 10,000 attendance. I have faith in Super Paul Mullin!

Edited by Butch2000

10 hours ago, Rossman said:

He's in the team because we have noone else. Simms had a good spell at Sunderland for the first half of the season. But he is best suited playing off the main striker. Seeing as Everton have no strikers he's become it and spends 90 minutes, chasing lost causes. 

You’re right, he’s better alongside someone. All in all, right now he’s a lower table Championship player that shouldn’t have been thrown under the bus having to almost single-handedly save a PL team from relegation. No surprise his good spell with us was when Ross Stewart was fit, he was dreadful when having to play as the lone striker, in the division below no less - which makes his loan getting cut short even more baffling.

Poor bloke had to be consoled by Tony Mowbray when he heard he was being recalled.

His whole recall by Everton really summed up the calamity that club is these days. Brought back but Lampard had no plans to play him, he was going from playing 90 mins every week to sitting on the bench and playing 10 mins in an entire month. Really fucked his development. Then again some fans thought the recall was orchestrated by James Vaughan - a man so bad for us we sold him at a loss 6 months after signing him -  who had constantly badmouthed the club since leaving us.

5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Roy is a great worker. He knows how to pop the lads.

Whenever I head to the nearest Food Warehouse to me, I am always reminded of Roy. It’s opposite the Old Trafford stadium and on the way there is a club with a banner outside that says “www.NoPrawnSandwiches.com”. 

What a great guy.