Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

23 minutes ago, mim731 said:

There are plenty of sticks worthy of beating Arsenal with (take your pick, both fans and club and we deserve most of the flack on both counts) but not sure this is necessarily the strongest one to choose. 

Nah, I wasn't and I'm entirely aware that isolated it looks dreadful. Most clubs have brilliant community initiatives etc (Sure I've mentioned on here that I Used to work quite closely with Chelsea who were great) and they do a lot with their mascots and young people.

My point was more around the decision to use that footage, and not use literally anything else that looks more positive. Baffling.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Do the parents still have to pay for their kids to be mascots or was that just a select few clubs?

This was doing the rounds today on FB (I assume based on the Arsenal footage. It’s  been said this was from 2019 (West Ham now charge £375 for example) but yes a lot of clubs charge image.thumb.png.a0577aca5b98d22e51fb2e612c6669b9.png

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

Moreover, why is Tory Frank being hauled over the coals tonight?

I think playing 4 DMs and Kante as a playmaker when you're trying to overturn a two goal deficit and leaving Joao Felix, Sterling and Mudryk on the bench was the funniest thing that's ever happened at Chelsea.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

I would like to die now please.

It's ok Bacon. Maybe he'll be like a double agent. Sprinkle a bit of his Spurs dust all over Stamford Bridge and they'll be doomed until the end of time. 

Nope, with the players on this one. Clearly wanted them to sign stuff so it could be sold on, like wrestling gimps harassing wrestlers in an airport. 

One of the few joys of the modern game is seeing children with a sign asking for a players shirt, and the player not giving it to them. Bonus points for giving the shirt to someone nearby. As Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson both said, for different reasons, “Fuck them kids”

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Nope, with the players on this one. Clearly wanted them to sign stuff so it could be sold on, like wrestling gimps harassing wrestlers in an airport. 

One of the few joys of the modern game is seeing children with a sign asking for a players shirt, and the player not giving it to them. Bonus points for giving the shirt to someone nearby. As Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson both said, for different reasons, “Fuck them kids”

I think I've told this before maybe, but in one of my old jobs I used to have to go to Chelseas Cobham training ground once a month.

Was great. Always got fed well, was a bit of a novelty signing in and seeing who had been in and been stupid enough to sign their real names (no I won't say who but once it rhymed with Sleven Serrard) and apart from the MASSIVE John Terry mural as you walked in, I didn't mind it. Got to have a lovely chat with big Nev as well when Everton were down with the youth teams.

Anyhow, as you leave you go up a bit of a drive and then turn out into the main road and this is where reporters, and more importantly autograph hunters waited, as it's a bit of a trap as you have to wait ages as like I said it's a main road.

Without fail, every time I left I would approach the junction very slowly with my clipboard held over my face/blocking the window so to make them think I was important and didn't want to be snapped/stopped before finally dropping it, revealing my nobody mug and not say, Joe Cole, and peeling off whilst giving a lovely "WAAAAHEEEEEEEEEY!!!!" out the window every time. 

They fell for it every time, despite the fact I was driving a battered 03 Ford Ka.

Chelsea wankers.