Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

If Liverpool sort their midfield out in the summer, are they genuine contenders again? Because van Dijk is playing like prime Djimi Traore and TAA appears to be actually getting worse as a defender.

1 minute ago, Devon Malcolm said:

If Liverpool sort their midfield out in the summer, are they genuine contenders again? Because van Dijk is playing like prime Djimi Traore and TAA appears to be actually getting worse as a defender.

The suggestion that TAA could be the answer to their midfield issues is quite frankly hilarious. Ooooooh, you looked OK against Hojbjerg and Skipp, well done mate. So would I. 

Also, what's with the plane flying over today with "FSG Out" ???

The League Cup, FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League in the last couple of years not enough for them? 

The drop off in Van Dijk is concerning. Trent is Trent and we’ll seemingly sacrifice that area of the pitch for his sublime passing further up the field. Heard we’re after Ugarte which would help protect the back four but without another centre back there won’t be much of a back four/three to protect.

16 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Richarlison bringing his Everton vibes to Tottenham with that goal and celebration seconds before losing was very, very funny.

I was saying this to someone else, but sometimes (read all the time for Spurs) these things/celebrations will come back and bite you on the arse, so you might as well embrace it. It was funny. As was Klopp pulling his hammy being an absolute cunt again. I hope it really hurt.

His comment of "Ryan has to worry about other stuff" when Mason (rightly) questioned why Jota wasn't sent off for that challenge on Skipp, when Mason had to retire due to a head injury, was really crass. 

I'm not sure why the referee decided not to punish Salah for a perceived elbow to the face - which led to Spurs being down to 10 men when they equalised - either. It wasn't loads in it but if you're blowing up for a swinging arm making contact to the face there's usually action taken. I do think if it had been at Spurs a couple of decisions definitely would have gone the other way, It's not an excuse for how they ended up in the shit situation and then throwing in the 4th after getting back in but there were some odd decisions.

I've seen Liverpool fans doing their usual "yeah well their guy should have been sent off!" and I can't really remember anything that could even have been in that area where it was deemed even worth looking at (not that VAR seemed to look at anything) off the top of my head.  Either way it created an entertaining game by two teams that have glaring issues in a match that highlighted all of them and will lead to a lot more amusement to come.

51 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

Either way it created an entertaining game

Yeah it was an excellent game, and if Spurs were slightly more clinical, it could've been 3-3 at half time, which after 10 minutes would've seemed ridiculous to suggest.

The alarming way that Liverpool seemed to wilt was mad. Klopp should've said "Lads, it's Tottenham"

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

The drop off in Van Dijk is concerning. Trent is Trent and we’ll seemingly sacrifice that area of the pitch for his sublime passing further up the field. Heard we’re after Ugarte which would help protect the back four but without another centre back there won’t be much of a back four/three to protect.

Has Klopp tried a 3-5-2 at any point? Seems like TAA could work better as a wing-back.

As a Gooner, obviously I'm delighted at the outcome, but I fully agree with Ryan Mason that Jota should have been sent off. It's such a weird disconnect we have in football where, if you mistime a tackle and connect with someone's ankle badly, it's a straight red, but if you mistime a challenge and connect hard with someone's head - either with your boot or with your own head - it rarely results in a sending off or often even a foul. Mistime a 50/50 on the ground and everyone's up in arms, mistime a 50/50 in the air and it's waved away as "just a clash of heads" or the like. With all the evidence on brain injuries from heading alone, having these kind of challenges ignored is something football needs to correct. 

1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Has Klopp tried a 3-5-2 at any point? Seems like TAA could work better as a wing-back.

Dead set against it for some reason. When the midfield had legs and Virgil was invulnerable we effectively played 2-5-3 and would either win the ball back in the opponents half or would leave them to try and get past Virgil knowing that if they over committed we’d score on the counter. He seems to be fond of Trent in this inverted full back bollocks which to be fair has seen him hit his best offensive form of the season but has done nothing to address the gaping hole he leaves on the right.

For better or worse I think this is how we’ll start next season with Trent being a dynamic playmaker from dm when we have the ball and him failing miserably to get back to rb when we are without it. A pacey cb or regenerated Virgil along with a Mascherano type midfielder might make it work. 

Personally I’m gutted we don’t seem to be able to find a way to play Nunez.

Edited by Mr_Danger