Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

4 games? He won't even have enough time to unpack his gravy boats.

He'll keep them up, on the account that the othe teams are dreadful.

Speaking of which, Chelsea are very, very lucky there are only 4/5 games left and as mentioned everyone else around them is shocking. 

If there were 10 games left, they'd be in real trouble, but as always they'll find a way to spend £600 billion and win the league next year. Annoying.

25 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Speaking of which, Chelsea are very, very lucky there are only 4/5 games left and as mentioned everyone else around them is shocking. 

If there were 10 games left, they'd be in real trouble, but as always they'll find a way to spend £600 billion and win the league next year. Annoying.

Being a Blackburn fan I've seen my fair share of groups of players who obviously don't give a fuck, this Chelsea team is something else though. They are probably all on 200 grand a week as well. Inspirational stuff for lazy bastards like myself.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob

18 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Being a Blackburn fan I've seen my fair share of groups of players who obviously don't give a fuck, this Chelsea team is something else though. They are probably all on 200 grand a week as well. Inspirational stuff for lazy bastards like myself.

Let's just hope and pray each and every one of those on 8 year contracts hold them to it ala the dying days of WCW. 

Be lovely to see them disappear. 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Be lovely to see them disappear. 

Reminds me of a line from Billy The Fish that I like to paraphrase in regards to Chelsea - I'd love to see them relegated to the ninth division of the paperboys Sunday league.

Bet Chelsea couldn't afford a line up of Brown Fox, Johnny X and Shakin' Stevens mind.

• Paid Members

I loved these little bits from BBC Sport about his Samliness. The placing of the news about Messi on the page was beautiful. Coincidence? If Big Sam could get him on loan in the Championship he would. 

IMG-20230503-WA0004.jpg

Screenshot_20230503-165552~2.png

The absolute worst thing about Messi once again being up for grabs is all the non-league teams sending out 'hilarious' tweets saying things like "Hey Leo, the weather is lovely in Tooting* this time of year. Fancy a game?"

They should all be docked points for it.

*Nothing against Tooting, its a fine place.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That's Tony Khan's mantra too 

15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

The absolute worst thing about Messi once again being up for grabs is all the non-league teams sending out 'hilarious' tweets saying things like "Hey Leo, the weather is lovely in Tooting* this time of year. Fancy a game?"

They should all be docked points for it.

I know*

*Apart from it’s hilarious when they do it to Gareth Bale.

Allardyce was pretty visionary in management. When he played for Tampa Bay in the NASL he took on board all the data analytics used over there in sport and used it when he started managing. Game changer!

25 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Allardyce was pretty visionary in management. When he played for Tampa Bay in the NASL he took on board all the data analytics used over there in sport and used it when he started managing. Game changer!

He was also one of the first people in this country to use Prozone.

Even him sitting in the stands for the first half was quite unique and forward thinking. 

28 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I know*

*Apart from it’s hilarious when they do it to Gareth Bale.

At least that's not too far a stretch though.

10th division US soccer teams mocking up Messi in their shirts should result in the club being wound up. Harsh but fair I feel.

• Paid Members

Allardyce was progressive in the technology he uses, certainly. But it doesn't speak highly of the technology when all it told him was "Get Robinson to lump free kicks into the box".

• Paid Members

Leeds fans have been asked to recited the below this weekend. 

"I, (Insert full name), do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to His Majesty Big Sam, his heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God."