Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

This is really interesting from Sturridge.

I often think when it's highlighted that a footballer can speak well, it's based (more often than not unintentionally) in a bit of classicism (alright Bacon, keep it light) but I suppose the bar is so low in punditry that when someone does give genuine insight, it's very well received. 

I once met Sturridge with a group of young people I was working with, and he was lovely and patient as he answered for a 50th time, "Can you eat McDonalds if you play football?"

Yes, was the answer, but don't go to one near the managers house. 

29 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I often think when it's highlighted that a footballer can speak well, it's based (more often than not unintentionally) in a bit of classicism

It’s not limited to punditry. When Baddiel (yeah I know) finally apologised to Jason Lee in front of cameras that he brought along for his racism show, the columnist class (including Bae Vicky C) waxed lyrical about how graceful and eloquent Lee was, as if it was a surprise a footballer could be. 

And of course, Baddiel went to apologise, not seek forgiveness. Big difference. I hate Baddiel, don’t know if that comes across at all. 

For the first time in years I watched a Final Score type show. The BT Sport one (mate lent me his log in a few weeks back for the Spurs Milan game) not even sure what it's called, but jesus, it's no better than Soccer Saturday (at least that has Stelling)

You've got all the PROPER football men on there, Savage, Keown and best of all Sutton, who I thought was going to cry at points. I remember him being quite funny during Euro 2020/21 when I'd listen to the radio. Like Partridge come to life.

I gather from todays reports, that Spurs absolutely got away with one today and there were plenty of decisions that didn't go Brightons way.

Well, when one particular one wasn't given Sutton whinged "I bet Kane goes up the other end and dives as usual and Spurs end up winning it" and then had another pop at him towards the end of the game. 

As it goes, Kane did end up scoring the winner (suck it Sutton) but mate, you are supposed to be a professional pundit, not a teenager on Twitter. 

Also, we can all agree that one of the worst 5 word phrases in football is "Let's bring in Peter Walton" and he is largely atrocious, but today PROPER football man Savage was being a right cunt to him, asking him why decisions weren't given and generally acting like an arsehole. Bit unfair to Walton, he's not reffing the game is he?

I suppose if you like watching people just go "Ooooooooooh" and "AAAAARGHEHASTOSCOREOOOOOOOOOH" it's fine, but it's definitely the worst of the 3 (your Soccer Saturdays, your Final Scores)

Oh, and Chelsea lost on the 10th anniversary of Thatchers death. Bad day for Lampard.

• Paid Members

Savage for me is completely intolerable. Soccer Saturday is alright although when Stelling eventually finishes I think people will turn elsewhere. The BBC Sport/Final Score one is usually my preference purely for convenience watching through the BBC Sport site/app and you're often greeted by the wonderful Dion Dublin for analysis. It's never groundbreaking but it's charming enough and inoffensive for me, Garth. 

@SuperBacon I'll invite you to take back your slanderous remarks on Norfolk's own Chris Sutton, however. A national treasure. 

16 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

@SuperBacon I'll invite you to take back your slanderous remarks on Norfolk's own Chris Sutton, however. A national treasure. 

Like I said, I remember quite enjoying him on Radio 5 Live coverage of Euro 2020/21 maybe because, compared to the banal, boring bastards that don't know they're supposed to be informing and entertaining us, he at least sounded like he was having fun.

His constant jibing at Kane, Romero and Spurs in general today was ridiculous.

We know we're shit, I know we're shit, I don't need to be constantly reminded of it on the telly as well!