Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Levy’s line about “our amazing, loyal supporters” is either written by the club’s communications officer and approved by the Head of Media, or its delightful corporate shithousery. I can’t decide which. 

Poch, come on down. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, David said:

You do know if he comes back it's doomed to fail, right? It never works the second time around.

You say that, but they say it about players too and it doesn't always ring true. Teddy Sheringham famously left Spurs for Man Utd, but he came for another spell at Tottenham and was richly rewarded, netting the 3rd in a wonderful 5-1 demolition of Chelsea in a league cup semi final second leg, which looks brilliant in our DVD cabinet.

31 minutes ago, David said:

You do know if he comes back it's doomed to fail, right? It never works the second time around.

Yeah, no one actually expects it to work, most of all Spurs fans.

But remember, the journey with someone special is ALWAYS better than the destination with someone that isn't. 

How can you turn down a man this beautiful?

spacer.png

Apt that he has my actual exes name on the front of that shirt 😂

Although I did see last week that Nagelsmann lost his job AND his missus in the same week, so he already seems pretty COYS to me.

12 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Maybe this is the time for Tottenham to finally complete that Solskjaer signing.

I'll be honest, the way certain members of our attack have alarmingly dropped off this season, he could probably still do a job on the pitch for us.

14 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah, no one actually expects it to work, most of all Spurs fans.

But remember, the journey with someone special is ALWAYS better than the destination with someone that isn't. 

How can you turn down a man this beautiful?

spacer.png

Apt that he has my actual exes name on the front of that shirt 😂

Although I did see last week that Nagelsmann lost his job AND his missus in the same week, so he already seems pretty COYS to me.

Nagelsmann sounds completely insane to deal with behind the scenes. He seemed to go out of his way to piss club captain Neuer off for example. He is either the next coaching superstar like a young Mourinho. Or a train wreck who personally pisses off everyone at a club and destroys all the players morale, like a present day Mourinho.

I can see either Spurs or Chelsea taking that gamble. Chelsea are completely bonkers atm so more likely them. 

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

God, I love Alex Ferguson so much. 

Speaking of meeting SAF. 

I’ve no doubt told this story before, but the guy I used to write bits in  football programmes for had a phone interview with him during his tenure. It went well enough for my mate to ask at the end “I know you’re a very busy man but my daughter is a Man Utd fan and is off school sick, any chance you could say get well soon to her”

Hoping for a quick “Get well soon” he could play the tape of to her, Fergie asked her name, what was wrong with her (beside supporting Man Utd, obvs) and proceeded to record a voice message for her thanking her for all the support she’s given the club, how he hopes she will be well enough to come to games again soon and how her dad has to get her whatever she wants for dinner for the next two weeks”. 

You hear tons of stories about him doing stuff like that, the one that sticks out is the letter he wrote to the family of a young fan who died. No wonder he’s the GOAT when you take into account the importance of the club and everything about it to him.