Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

11 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I'm disappointed the linesman didn't sell the Bruno push like Bruno would. It could have caused a brilliant shitstorm!

Big fan of Gary Neville (quite rightly) calling Fernandes a disgrace. He is a pathetic cunt.

Chelsea left back, Ian Maatsen is having a great season on loan at Burnley. 30 appearances, 4 goals, 5 assists. January Player of the month. Chelsea have offloaded a lot of their fullbacks, so Chilwell doesn't have much competition. Hopefully he doesn't go back as backup and joins Burnley permanently.

Vincent Kompany has done a brilliant job at Turf Moor this season. Transforming them into a silky passing, attacking team. Bringing over a few players from Belgium, like Benson and Zaroury. The form he's got out of Nathan Tella from Southampton is ridiculous. He scored 2 goals in 2 seasons at St. Mary's. He's already on 14 goals this season.

That was some classic Italian style shithousery last night in the Spurs match, wasn't it? You just know that James Richardson would have been cackling like a madman at some of their timewasting antics.

Poor Conte though. 

Just now, SuperBacon said:

No. £15m a year for that? Fuck him.

Surely Dad should be back from the shops by now?

I've always liked Conte from the days of him commendably hanging on to what was left of his real hair and bossing the Juventus midfield, and I guess that's the reason I like to see the mad bastard succeed. 

But you're right, it doesn't look like Spurs is a good fit for him. Is Poch the answer though? He might be Arsenal-bound once Arteta packs his bags for the Bernabeu, no?

I like Conte too. I think he seems a decent lad, and it must be really hard for him being away from his family and with all the bereavements he's had.

My "fuck him" was really flippant, but I was so angry after that display last night. To Dare Is To Do eh?

His ideas are just...dated. From all accounts he is actually quite progressive in other areas, sports science, fitness etc but his tactics are often dreadful. Hey, it worked before so it must be the players right? Well yes and no. Most of the players aren't very good, but coaching? Where on earth is it? What does he do for 15m a year.

A reminder that Poch took us to a CL final with a midfield of Winks and Sissoko. It will obviously end in tears but I'll take him back in a heartbeat. Beautiful lovers destined to lose together forever. 

I'm going to Southampton vs Spurs next Saturday. It will 100% be the last time I ever see Kane live in a Spurs shirt. What a stupid club.

COYS. 

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

I'd love to see Romero become less of a liability and more of the on-pitch bastard that every team needs. Right now, he's early Xhaka, but could be current Xhaka. Hoddle seemed to think he could be great too. 

Although in our household (and this is more likely to be accurate given the kind of WAG footballers tend to go for):

sense-and-senility.png

Just now, SuperBacon said:

My "fuck him" was really flippant, but I was so angry after that display last night. To Dare Is To Do eh?

You know what confused the shit out of me about last night? And pretty much summed up Spurs approach to the game? Replacing Kulusevski with Sanchez after that red card for Romero. In normal circumstances I can understand that approach, but in a game where you're 1-0 down on aggregate and basically going out unless you score at least one goal, what was the point?

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

His ideas are just...dated. From all accounts he is actually quite progressive in other areas, sports science, fitness etc but his tactics are often dreadful. Hey, it worked before so it must be the players right? Well yes and no. Most of the players aren't very good, but coaching? Where on earth is it? What does he do for 15m a year.

I think he's limited with what he has to use player-wise, but that's surely on him, right? He's now had two January windows and a full summer. I recall early on he used to grumble about not having the players he wanted, but he's had some time now, and he's had money to spend. 

Bissouma, Richarlison, Romero and Betancur weren't chump change, and the wages for others like Perisic won't be cheap.

I guess it just depends on what is seen as success at Spurs? Top four? A decent European run? Poch did get to that final and managed a 2nd and 3rd place finish, but with the kind of cash finding its way to Newcastle and City, and Chelsea's owner thinking he's playing Football Manager with the cheat code it's maybe a tougher ask these days?

In regards to Spurs is Danjuma just not gonna get a game? I was impressed with him at his short Bournemouth stint and then he looked amazing at Villarreal, what went wrong? If Lucas who’s off in the summer is coming off the bench before him there must be an issue.

Speaking of issues I could see Mudryk getting flogged in the summer too, Pulisic who started on the bench for first time for 3 months due to injury got on over him on Tuesday, Potter seems to prefer even Madueke(who’s basically another Hudson-Odoi) over Mudryk too.