Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

10 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

God I hope he goes to United. The reality is that he’ll Van Persie them a league title but that will all be offset by the fact I can finally hate him for a legitimate reason.

I think it's nailed on. 

He is a striker, and strikers really only care about one thing above everything else, scoring goals.

I'd say now he's Spurs all time scorer, and soon to be England's, the only thing left for him is the Premier League record.

Where can he go? City is gone. Liverpool maybe? United under Ten Hag is 100% the most suitable option. The way he plays, he would score and create for United for fun.

The only issue is, Spurs are so shit he has to create, whereas United have that profile of player already. But Rashford being a willing runner for Kane for 60 odd games a season? Goals galore.

Within his last year of his contract this summer, and with Spurs in absolute disarray (whats new?) he should go whilst he can. He should've left years ago let's be honest, but I assume Jimmy's goal record was a reason to stay. 

If he signs a new deal, he's the biggest fucking idiot I've ever known. 

I hate Tottenham. That they're 4th shows just how crap the league is this year,  the winners of it won't count this season.

Edited by SuperBacon

He’d actually be a brilliant Firmino replacement but there’s no way we pay the fee/wages for an ageing player with Weetabix ankles. Him, Diaz and Salah with the fucking wild bastard Nunez wedged in would be chaotic though. 

We’ve pretty much gambled our entire season on holding off a midfield revamp in waiting for Bellingham. Obviously he’ll sign for Real Madrid and we’ll look like chumps.

• Paid Members

There is only one realistic option for Kane. He is obviously a player who shows a great deal of loyalty, so now he has broken the record at Spurs he will move to the club for whom he has played the the second most games and he will break the record there. He just needs 132 to get past Neil Harris #COYL #OnceALionAlwaysALion 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

God I hope he goes to United. The reality is that he’ll Van Persie them a league title but that will all be offset by the fact I can finally hate him for a legitimate reason.

He's a Tory!

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I just always assumed that was the made up reason we all hated him. Is there actually evidence to suggest he is an actual Tory?

He's a friend of Tom Brady and that's all the evidence I personally need.

Let's be honest, just like with football club owners probably donating to them (albeit probably not through the actual club) the majority of players probably vote Conservative.

Given that they earn a lot of money and pay extraordinary amounts in tax and probably own businesses, they probably think Labour will take all of their earnings. Hopefully comrade Eric Dier has been in his ear.

Also, that utter shitbag Starmer is an Arsenal fan*, so I don't blame him.

*Forgive me Jeremy. You are the exception to the rule. I love you. And PunkStep and the others here.

Edited by SuperBacon

4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

the majority of players probably vote Conservative.

I’d be surprised if this was the case. I suspect the majority don’t vote. Unlike Kane who definitely votes Tory. 

• Awards Moderator
4 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Kane to follow the Teddy Sheringham route of heading to United, before heading back to Spurs for a final stint when Unite a are done with him.

I can’t ever see a Trade Union engaging with him.

30 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Given that they earn a lot of money and pay extraordinary amounts in tax and probably own businesses, they probably think Labour will take all of their earnings. Hopefully comrade Eric Dier has been in his ear.

This is where your theory falls apart for me.

• Paid Members

The only player I can remember reading that they were a tory (or would be) was Ronnie Rosenthal in some weird feature in a broadsheet in the 90s. His answer was that he wasn't eligible to vote as he wasn't a citizen, but if he was he'd vote Conservative. He was at Spurs at the time.