Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

Peps given a pipe bomb promo.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/10/pep-guardiola-accuses-premier-league-rivals-manchester-city

He's gone after Levy, in a battle of the balds.

“It is the Premier League,” he said. “I don’t know why. You have to ask the CEOs, Daniel Levy [the Spurs chairman], these kinds of people.”

He's trying to turn face, the mentalist.

He's usually good for one of two talk 'em into the building promos a year too when the Etihad doesn't have the kind of organic sell outs and decibel levels he'd like. I know the typical response is that it's all about winning to these top managers, but there's definitely a part of him that's mad insecure about how the press don't get behind City and their ascent's largely been seen as this hollow procession to anyone outside the fanbase. That's a Pep thing too, you mind. Their fans don't care a jot and why should they etc. 

It was a excerpt for The Heil so I won’t credit them with a link but this bit on Stefan Bajcetic cracked me up:

[quote] 'Thiago has mentored Bajcetic - their fathers Mazinho and Srdan Bajcetic played together at Celta - and he slotted in to a closely-knit Spanish speaking group also featuring Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez and Milner.'[/quote]

Bloody love Milner.