Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

At least they’ll have something to think about on their bus ride home to *checks notes* Wythenshawe.

Wythenshawe's United territory due to Dr. Marcus Rashford MBE. They're on the single decker back to Ardwick and Hyde.

41 minutes ago, mim731 said:

In fairness, joking aside, I'd happily take a victory lap title win with a massive asterix. Would not bother me at all. 

*play the WHY YOU FUCKING LYYYIING Vine* :)

32 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Always got time for you, Monsieur Lardon, but I would laugh my fucking arse off if Spurs won it on that basis.

In my own sadomasochistic way, I sort of hope this happens now.

Still, good news on the 2021 Carabao Cup win. Ryan Mason is on his way to pick it up as i type.

Edit: @Keith Houchen that gag has been made quite a few times mate, let's not flog another joke in to the grou....oh, right.

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Dock them 20 points so that who ever wins the league has a dirty, great asterisk next to their name forever, so it means fuck all.

Just a thought.

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

A thought I'm sure you'd still be advocating regardless who was top of the league. For the good of the game. Definitely.

As a Spurs fan, I feel very much the same about Liverpool not really winning the title because of covid. I'd never say it to any of their faces mind - not to avoid a fight, because generally I wouldn't want to trigger a conversation with a Liverpool fan about football, ever.

Good explainer here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/feb/06/manchester-city-premier-league-charges-key-questions-answered

This is the sexiest bit: According to rule W.51 in the Premier League handbook, a commission has the ability to levy a wide range of sanctions against any club found to have broken the rules. These include fines, the docking of points and suspension, or even expulsion, from the competition.

Please, please, please let Chelsea be next.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Please, please, please let Chelsea be next.

There isn't a club I'd wish this on more than Chelsea, and that includes your lot. I want Boehly to cook a steaming shit pie that turns them back into another West Ham.

10 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

BRING BACK DOWNVOTES. 

He probably would to be honest. If you read his book, he loved Southampton and didnt really want to leave.

@Jonny Vegas When I was at the Blackpool game, Jones was so animated for 90 minutes that I thought he was going to punch someone.

So aggressive even when someone did something well. Aribo at one point played a lovely pass after getting out of a jam and Jones went absolutely mental. For a good bit of play?

Big weirdo energy from him.

Apart from Redknapp he has to be the most disliked Saints manager of my lifetime.

He came in as a hugely underwhelming appointment, with a gigantic chip on his shoulder and has done zero to endear himself to the fans whatsoever since.

As you say he seems like a horrible, overly aggressive little chav of a man.

A handful of fans pointed to wins against Man City in the cup and Everton in the league as potential defence of him.

Against City, PG came out before the game and said they had to prioritise competitions with so many games still to play and that the LC was 4th priority. That says all you need to know about his and the players mentality going into that game.

Against Everton in all honesty we were lucky. We certainly weren't the better side and Everton were playing infront of a raucous crowd whose owners hadn't attended the game due to seemingly legitimate death threats.

I'm astonished that he's still here, tomorrow is the annual fans forum with the club's owners. The manager usually attends which I doubt Jones will but if he did the chances of him offering a fan outside are huge. The club have also scrapped the live stream of it in favour of what I assume will be an edited recording to be released in future.

If he makes it to Saturday and Wolves, which is looking increasingly likely, then it could be a horrid atmosphere at St Mary's before a balls even kicked.