Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

Everton's transfer deadline day antics included.

Trying to sign Conor Gallagher for ÂŁ45 million - rejected

Tried to sign Ismaila Sarr on loan for ÂŁ2 million from Watford - rejected

Tried to sign Andre Ayew on a free - rejected - instead went to Notts Forest

Other than that. They also tried to sign two wingers from Ligue 1. Instead they went to Southampton & Bournemouth.

They can't get anyone through the door. Now they're trying to get Isco as he's a free agent. Like fuck, would he want to come.

• Paid Members

The best thing about that Everton/Arsenal match is Maupay hitting Zinchenko with a fucking Flatliner and selling it like Eddie Guerrero, then lying on the ground with an absolutely filthy shit-eating grin while the ensuing mob takes place. Houchen must have loved it. I was laughing my arse off.

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

The best thing about that Everton/Arsenal match is Maupay hitting Zinchenko with a fucking Flatliner and selling it like Eddie Guerrero, then lying on the ground with an absolutely filthy shit-eating grin while the ensuing mob takes place. Houchen must have loved it. I was laughing my arse off.

22 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Let's hope Spurs do us a favour tomorrow

Can't wait for Arsenal fans to lose their minds later at us 'laying down' and 'rolling over' completely forgetting the fact that Spurs are crap and get "battered everywhere they go", no?

Oh hang on, its City isn't it? We'll absolutely smash them. We always do at home.

• Paid Members

Delightful to see that Liverpool have learned absolutely nothing from United's example of inexplicably letting their main defensive midfielder leave to join PSG, refusing to replace him, and instead buying a bunch of players they don't need for other positions at ridiculously inflated prices.

9 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Delightful to see that Liverpool have learned absolutely nothing from United's example of inexplicably letting their main defensive midfielder leave to join PSG, refusing to replace him, and instead buying a bunch of players they don't need for other positions at ridiculously inflated prices.

It’s literally like we’ve Freaky Friday’d. There’s a hell of a player hidden away in Darwin Nunez but he looks Ill suited for a Klopp attack and Gakpo whilst early days and picking the worse time to join Liverpool looks like the typical Eredivisie star that doesn’t adapt to English footy. What’s most baffling is that both seem like square pegs.

I hope you’re all enjoying yourselves.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s literally like we’ve Freaky Fridays. There’s a hell of a player hidden away in Darwin Nunez but he looks I’ll suited for a Klopp attack and Gakpo whilst early days and picking the worse time to join Liverpool looks like the typical Eredivisie star that doesn’t adapt to English footy. What’s most baffling is that both seem like square pegs.

I think we'll start to see the best of Nunez and Gakpo when Luis Diaz and Diogo Jota are fit again and there's not as much pressure on them. Klopp's had no choice but to sling them straight in with no break. Buying Bellingham won't be the answer to Liverpool's problems either unless they can a reliable DM to play with him. Bit of a mess that could so easily have been avoided.

Meanwhile our only competent DM tried to strangle someone and now we're faced with the reformation of McFred. Fun!

Im not being unkind but Casemiro is one of the oddest looking/shaped players I've ever seen.

He seems really lanky and squat at the same time, and sort of has that skinny/fat thing Punk has. It really throws me every time I see him.

I see Fulham getting quite a bit of praise this season, and rightly so, but a hand for Brentford please, in 7th, 3 points off a European place and crucially, Mbuemo is finally, FINALLY resembling the player I always thought he could be.

Obviously since he pledged allegiance to Cameroon.

Mental that Chelsea are the worst West London team this season, and long may that continue (it won't sadly)

🎵Just a bus stop in Hounslow🎵