Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

With the Codheads beating 5 teams from higher divisions in the process of getting to the quarters, that is some run. There must be something in the Lincolnshire water as Lincoln had a run to the quarters a couple of years ago and it's not like either club is bursting with FA Cup pedigree. 

If you mean City, the Imps were a division lower than Grimsby are now when they reached the Sixth Round too.

The other team in Lincoln, in contrast, last made it to the competition proper in 1997.

And yes, I do have to mute the voiceover on the League One round-up on ITV4 every Saturday night to stop me from throwing my slipper at the telly.

Edited by Fog Dude

Words can’t describe how much I detest Dan Burn. Lanky career Championship player at best, who since signing for them, his whole personality has suddenly become that he’s a Geordie and playing up to the ‘jawdee nashion’. Basically he’s Jimmy Nail in shin pads. Just cringy shite.

Only solace with Newcastle being owned by the rich murderers, the ‘lifelong’ fans like Burn and Dummett will be the first ones thrown by the wayside without a thought.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

He's already tried to slash Delia with a Stanley knife.

Delia's sharpened more knives than Gianni's had hot dinners. And what a tasty dish he was served by the travelling Canaries today! 

To be fair, Millwall are responsible for probably the best (and sadly most accurate) chant towards us that I've heard over the years: "I can't read, I can't write, I drive a tractor, I'm a Norwich City fan, and I'm a fucking wanker"

3 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Delia's sharpened more knives than Gianni's had hot dinners. And what a tasty dish he was served by the travelling Canaries today! 

To be fair, Millwall are responsible for probably the best (and sadly most accurate) chant towards us that I've heard over the years: "I can't read, I can't write, I drive a tractor, I'm a Norwich City fan, and I'm a fucking wanker"

We used to sing that when I were a lad, and to Ipswich. It’s great to see some of the old ways are still alive. 

22 minutes ago, METAL ON METAL said:

Basically he’s Jimmy Nail in shin pads. Just cringy shite.

Only solace with Newcastle being owned by the rich murderers, the ‘lifelong’ fans like Burn and Dummett will be the first ones thrown by the wayside without a thought.

Great. Now when they get shitcanned and they ask why they were sold/released in the press conference, I’m only going to be happy if the answer is “Ain’t no doubt it’s plain to see, Dummett and Burn are no good to me”

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

It was a tasty dish. Unfortunately Millwall just can't keep a clean sheet at the minute. In Burke, Voglsammer, Flemming and Bradshaw we have the talent at Championship level to score goals, we just need to tighten up defensively. We did it earlier in the season but we've been worked out of late. As a Millwall fan I am used to the play offs falling just out of reach. 

• Awards Moderator

Palace are bang in trouble. Vieira needs to leg it; absolutely clueless with his tactics and in-game decision-making.

Don’t let the fact we’re 12th fool you; we are getting dragged into the relegation fight very soon. If we don’t go down this season, we’re done by Christmas next if something doesn’t change.

No forward with any threat, technically great players who can’t be arsed, useless fullbacks, our best ever PL player is done and Zaha is out of contract in the Summer. We don’t spend money but don’t worry, we bang a drum and have smokebombs! Shite.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

25 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

@METAL ON METAL how's Amad Diallo actually doing? I can't trust the opinion of United fan accounts posting his goals and odd bit of skill on Twitter and neither should anybody else.

Quite bipolar.

Took him a few weeks to get into the team, then went on an absolutely fantastic run of being man of the match in most games and getting a goal or assist in pretty much every game for two months. First name on the team sheet. Won EFL young player of the month and PFA Fan’s player of the month in December.

But since January he has been very poor in most games, seemingly complete lack of effort or passion. Visibly sulky on the pitch at times. I don’t know if it’s a confidence, fatigue or ego thing but you honestly don’t know what player is going to turn up from week to week. His recent drop in form ties in with Ross Stewart getting injured actually, come to think of it.

He’s nowhere near playing for Man Utd regularly (yet, at least), I’d say he’ll need at least another season in the Championship before attempting the step up. That all depends on his attitude, but he’s only 20 and can produce moments out of nothing. The expectation from his price tag definitely can’t help the lad but there’s definitely a player in there when he’s motivated.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, METAL ON METAL said:

He’s nowhere near playing for Man Utd regularly (yet, at least), I’d say he’ll need at least another season in the Championship before attempting the step up. That all depends on his attitude, but he’s only 20 and can produce moments out of nothing. The expectation from his price tag definitely can’t help the lad but there’s definitely a player in there when he’s motivated.

Yeah, to be honest I don't really see a place for him at United now. With the emergence of Garnacho and recent buys of Sancho and Antony, Rashford's upturn in form and the hope that we'll buy a striker who can score goals in the summer, he's not going to be playing much football here. Even more so if ten Hag gives Joe Hugill a go before the end of the season as he's reportedly big on him, too.