Devon Malcolm

8 hours ago, Nick James said:

Hausman is a scumbag, but that doesn't negate from what the allegations are and they seem to be getting very lost in the shuffle with most of the anger directed directly at Hausman. Well, from a certain section it is should I say.

Hausman handled the situation like an absolute plonker, using SA/SH allegations as a 'gotcha' in an online arguement is scummy behaviour. However, he never named Kylie Rae, that was a different account to which Kylie responded to. 

This is definitely fair. But I think it’s possible and right that everyone involved gets scrutinised and criticised to some degree. Hausman is getting anger directed towards him - but generally not for the right reason; it mostly seems to be from Jericho defenders.

Jericho is getting anger directed at him, and at this point, it seems clear that there is an NDA in place. What isn’t clear is why, though - it may be fair, it may be disproportionate, it may be proportionate. Hopefully a proper journalist will be looking into the situation now to outline any allegations in a responsible and accurate way. 

The one person, on reflection, who I don’t feel has had enough scrutiny is Khan. He said he felt AEW was the ‘safest ever’ wrestling workplace. OK, but how does that tie in with hiring the likes of Ric Flair and Jay Lethal? What due diligence was done there? How do you ensure a workplace remains ‘safe’ when there’s an imbalance between the value you place on male and female wrestlers? Presumably you can’t if there’s an NDA in place. 

There’s probably a wider issue that needs examined here extending beyond AEW and into other organisations, and I really hope a reporter out there is doing just that.

6 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

The one person, on reflection, who I don’t feel has had enough scrutiny is Khan. He said he felt AEW was the ‘safest ever’ wrestling workplace. OK, but how does that tie in with hiring the likes of Ric Flair and Jay Lethal? What due diligence was done there? How do you ensure a workplace remains ‘safe’ when there’s an imbalance between the value you place on male and female wrestlers? Presumably you can’t if there’s an NDA in place. 

I did find that a bit weird. I mean I know he's not going to come out and be like "yeah we're shit!" but there's been more drama associated with AEW than anywhere else in recent times, so he shouldn't be getting too cocky.

• Paid Members

I almost don’t want to speculate on something like this given the subject matter, but reading what’s been, “reported,” (I use that term very loosely) and what’s been half-confirmed by Kylie herself? It sure sounds like something happened between Kylie and Jericho, with Tony Khan doing a Tony Khan, completely bottling it.

Even three or four years into the company being a success, Tony has still proven himself to be a coward, completely in-over-his-head, terrified of having difficult conversations with anyone he used to watch on TV. The idea of a complaint being raised against his top star, in the infancy of the company, when a lot was riding on Jericho’s back? Wouldn’t shock me at all if Tony panicked, canned Kylie and tried to clean it all up with an NDA. It’d be very on brand with what we’ve learned of him in the years that followed.

It’s half why I think he tried to talk around the issue at the press conference. What’s he going to say? He’s investigating himself for being spineless mark when it comes to his favourite superstars?

5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It’s half why I think he tried to talk around the issue at the press conference. What’s he going to say? He’s investigating himself for being spineless mark when it comes to his favourite superstars?

That's definitely what sticks out to me. I feel like he could've nipped it in the bud and literally came out and said "there's never been an investigation" or whatever. Why wouldn't you if that was the case? It was an opportunity to shut down any rumour or speculation and realistically he could've done that if that was the truth, no? I can't think of any reason why he wouldn't.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I almost don’t want to speculate on something like this given the subject matter, but reading what’s been, “reported,” (I use that term very loosely) and what’s been half-confirmed by Kylie herself? It sure sounds like something happened between Kylie and Jericho, with Tony Khan doing a Tony Khan, completely bottling it.

That is the line reading so far. However, I don't think it is that. She's been on the record numerous times to say that she enjoyed her time there but was struggling with her own issues (which also derailed her time in Impact and her brief retirement when she went into rehab). There were also rumors at the time there was an issue between her and Brandi which is why she asked for her release. Now, I know if there was any NDA in place she couldn't talk about it obviously, but if there were real issues at play, I am sure she would have not been so positive.

But I fully believe Jericho has NDA's out, and there are tweets of DM's from Jericho where he was caught kissing another woman and them trying to stop it getting out. I have no idea who it was, if she was even in wrestling, but its a pretty well known Jericho is in an open marriage (and if you look at his wifes twitter, I understand why). I am starting to think that Kylie Rae's heart reaction was because of knowledge of Jericho being a knob, but not necessarily that it involved her directly. Either way, unless she wants to be involved (or can, as we don't know for sure), she shouldn't be brought up, its not fair on her.  

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

That's definitely what sticks out to me. I feel like he could've nipped it in the bud and literally came out and said "there's never been an investigation" or whatever. Why wouldn't you if that was the case?

Next question: Is there going to be an investigation now? What were the reasons given for her departure at the time?

It doesn't nip it in the bud.

• Paid Members

Just had a further thought. What if the situation which the internet has put together involving an Jericho, Rae and an NDA is true, but the NDA was done independent of AEW and her asking for her release was due to it? It would explain why Tony Khan is acting like what NDA, but would still then need to be investigated. Is that even a posibility?   

5 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Next question: Is there going to be an investigation now? What were the reasons given for her departure at the time?

It doesn't nip it in the bud.

But to go with "I can't speak to that" or whatever his utter vagueness was.. that was so wishy washy and a nothing answer, other than suggesting AEW is safe or whatever. If nothing ever happened with Jericho and there was never any NEED for anything to happen with Jericho and all of this was literally just unsubstantiated rumour then he could've point blank stated that it wasn't a thing, couldn't he?

23 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

That is the line reading so far. However, I don't think it is that. She's been on the record numerous times to say that she enjoyed her time there but was struggling with her own issues (which also derailed her time in Impact and her brief retirement when she went into rehab). There were also rumors at the time there was an issue between her and Brandi which is why she asked for her release. Now, I know if there was any NDA in place she couldn't talk about it obviously, but if there were real issues at play, I am sure she would have not been so positive.

Firstly - and I know you’re not intending to do this - I don’t think it’s helpful to bring up any ‘issues’ she may or may not have had. That kind of approach is used so often to discredit assault and harassment victims. I know that’s not your intent, but I don’t think it’s relevant. 

The reason for her leaving may not be relevant either. It may have been due to Jericho, it may have been a collection of things, it may have been one specific reason unrelated to Jericho. It may have been her ‘issues’, but again, it doesn’t matter. As for Brandi, maybe that’s a false leak to disguise the true reason for her departure, maybe it’s true - again though, it’s not necessarily relevant.

What’s relevant is what actually happened. Whether or not that led to her departure doesn’t necessarily matter; if a high earning, senior talent did something wrong and management’s solution was to hush it up, that’s a bad thing regardless of the outcome - even if it had absolutely no effect on the woman in question outside of disgust and embarrassment - it suggests that a culture exists that could allow this, or much worse, to happen again. 

I wish it was like Columbo where you see how it all happened and then just watch back and enjoy them fucking it up for the reveal but instead we're stuck in this loop of speculation where absolutely nobody knows what happened and who is at fault at all, probably never will. The people who should be doing something are spineless, some people might not be able to say anything at all, some people said things with the wrong intention to look like a clout chasing big dog and the other has to keep one on his wife's retweets. But I'm certain the blame lays with Charles Montgomery Punk.