Scott Hall passes away

Callum1993

An interesting Scottish take on the sad news, with a Dundee newspaper documenting the time Razor faced Bill Dundee (I had no idea he was actually from the area, or Scotland at all...) in 1995.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/past-times/3105572/scott-hall-razor-ramon-bill-dundee/?utm_source=twitter

Even my mum messaged me today and asked if I knew about Razor's passing. She never did that for Piper or Warrior or Macho. She must have fancied him.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Mr.Showtime said:

An interesting Scottish take on the sad news, with a Dundee newspaper documenting the time Razor faced Bill Dundee (I had no idea he was actually from the area, or Scotland at all...) in 1995.

Scotland to Memphis by way of Australia, the most confusing accent in all of wrestling.

• Paid Members

Echo many sentiments here about Razor being a "second wave" favourite of mine as a kid, something that never left me. A top 10 all time favourite of mine for sure.

More recently I felt like I had some kind of weird personal connection with him as he went though a period where Norwich was almost a second home whilst he was a regular on WAW shows, often sticking around the city for 2 or 3 weeks at a time judging by his social media. I never had the fortune to bump into him around town, although I know a couple of people who did. I did get a Twitter reply when I told him he should move here though, which IIRC read "Dare me chico. I've already found a great gym with some fine women in it".

Here's me (with the hat) and my mate Steve reaching for a "2 sweet",  he obliged moments after this photo was taken:

Managed to shake his hand and say thanks for the memories one night too, as he wandered through the exiting crowd after the show. Thanks again & so long, Razor.

It's been said a thousand times, but Scott Hall/Razor Ramon really was so fucking cool. I bet a lot of active wrestlers today wish they had one tenth of the natural charisma that he had.

Hell of a worker, too. Tremendous punch, great mannerisms and he could really go.

I watched a match between him and Shawn Michaels last night, the opener of the August 1st, 1994 episode of Raw and was blown away by how fast he moved and how agile he was for such a big guy. They went about 25 minutes at an intense pace and, while Shawn was a noted cardio fanatic, Razor kept up with him every step and didn't look blown up at all. 

Glad he managed to avoid being the next wrestling tragedy for so long. 63 is young, but he lasted a good twenty years longer than a lot of people thought he would. Was really nice to see him give back to the business, get the Hall of Fame and so on in his later years. 

RIP. 

I have read a couple of conflicting reports from last night's Raw.

Was Scott's death announced at the beginning or was there a reference to what had happened?

I love that he managed to turn his life around and hope that in doing so he ditched a lot of baggage.

The posts on this thread have been beautiful and prove, again, what a good place this is.

• Paid Members

Years after making 123 Kid on Raw, here he is changing the script and letting Jericho pin him on Nitro in 97.

I remember Jeff Hardy saying that when him and Matt were working as enhancement talent in the 90s, Hall was great with them, always tried to give them a little spot to make them shine and would be vocal that the company should do something with them. For all his faults, if he thought someone had talent, he’d go further than most top guys would to give them a little boost. It’s why I never bought Shane Douglas’ claims that Hall sandbagged him when they wrestled in 95. Hall obviously wasn’t without flaws and I could see him being a nob backstage if he didn’t like you but I never got on board with the idea that he’d sabotage his own matches just to make someone look bad. 

Echo everyone’s posts, I remember the vignettes on Superstars and his first squash match was the first time I’d ever seen the Razors Edge move in wrestling.

He looked a million dollars; had great entrance music and seemed like the coolest man alive.

Got to see him at the FTLOW convention in 2019 and he looked and sounded in great nick, as he walked back from an in ring interview to go back to his signing desk he gave my son a high five which was a thrill for my lad. 
RIP.

Some wonderful posts in here lads.

I can't outdo any of them, but I will say that him turning up on Nitro was 100% the most thrilling thing I'd ever seen, and stunned 11yo me.

I dunno if I've ever felt that shocked at wrestling since to be honest.

Razor Ramon had a top 5 theme of all time as well.

Havent posted here in a long while but so nice to read all the tributes and stories about Scott Hall.

Damn losing The Bad Guy is a tough one.

This guy was a huge part of our childhood wrestling viewing. The New Generation are mine and my brothers guys. We had watched the Hogan and co years but that's when we really got into it all! He was just the coolest guy! What a career. His ladder matches with Shawn Michaels are legendary, so many memories: the vignettes, the storylines with 1,2,3 Kid, feud with Goldust  his friendship with the Kliq guys and he revolutionised the wrestling biz when he joined WCW and formed the NWO. We couldn't believe it when he turned up on Nitro! What an exciting time! 

A sad way for him to go after overcoming his demons but glad he enjoyed his final years being clean and happy and getting not one but two Hall of Fame inductions.

Thanks for the memories Bad Guy đź’”

"Hard work pays off, dreams come true, bad times don't last but Bad Guys do" 

3 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

I have read a couple of conflicting reports from last night's Raw.

Was Scott's death announced at the beginning or was there a reference to what had happened?

They had in Loving memory Graphic appear at the very start of Raw which was surprising as his death hadn't been announced at that time as far I could tell

The first confirmation seemed to come in about 30 mins after Raw started, guess its not hard to imagine Vince would be one of the first to be called though and had the confirmation before it became more public knowledge

around the start of the 3rd hour they ran the video tribute

I can't add all that much to what's been said already only echo the memories and how much he was a part of my initial introduction to wrestling

Just happy he turned it all around the past 10 years or so and spent his final years in a much better place and got to see how much he was appreciated and loved by so many from all generations off fans 

RIP Razor

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

The first confirmation seemed to come in about 30 mins after Raw started, guess its not hard to imagine Vince would be one of the first to be called though and had the confirmation before it became more public knowledge

around the start of the 3rd hour they ran the video tribute

Yeah, I don't watch Raw but the guy with the neck tattoo on the far left nearly burst into tears just before the video package aired.