Scott Hall passes away

Callum1993

• Paid Members

Scott Hall was nearly always the coolest man in wrestling, on screen and off. Every story I read about him supported him being such. And he backed it up in the ring enough to keep me loving him( late 98/99 aside).

Razor was the person I wanted to be but I knew I never could, and every time a Hall story cropped up post 99 I'd hope he'd get it together because by all accounts he was the smartest one of the crew and just never reached his potential or he existed to make others look good, which is a a rare trait as time rolls on.

That said we can't ignore the bad side, let's not pretend he was a saint, but as a fan it's a real gut punch because he was so of his time I doubt we will see someone like him again.

10 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I thought it was common knowledge that Hall had begun drinking again, just that he wasn’t doing it to excessive levels (or at least didn’t appear to be).

There were stories in his Observer obit today about his passing out at the bar the night before last year's Hall of Fame ceremony and that he hadn't been making his bookings of late. 

• Paid Members

Unfortunately it's not the first I've heard of him drinking again - there were a few stories of him drinking on various UK tours and appearances, but never anything as bad as he used to be. I think it was Kevin Nash who said part of the problem was that Hall was able to accept and admit that he was an alcoholic, but really struggled to admit that he had a drug problem, there was a kind of internal moralising there where he clearly saw one as a greater personal failing. I think in more recent years there may have been a sense among people around him that the odd drink, or even going off the rails completely but with less frequency than he once did, was preferable to the alternative. I also assume that, since getting into healthier and better shape with DDP, he may not have been as reliant on medication, so there were fewer prescription drugs in his system to potentially react badly to the alcohol in the first place.

It's all a bit ghoulish speculating on this stuff - he was a deeply troubled guy, clearly suffered with PTSD and depression, and it sounds like the one thing that consistently made him happy was being able to perform and make other people happy, and he had a miserable couple of years without that. I really feel for guys like Nash and Waltman who have stuck by him, and given so much of their time to him, for so long. 

Speaking from experience, there is a metric shit ton of rationalising that goes on if you've got issues with drugs or alcohol. Both yourself, and people around you. Going nuts on the drink and causing mayhem to yourself and those around you is bad but, what if I just have a couple? That'll be fine, right? I can control myself. I know when to stop.

Until you, yet again, don't.

Poor dude.

• Paid Members
On 3/18/2022 at 2:12 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

X-Pac revealed that Scott Hall had been drinking for the last few years. He broke his hip at home and lay there for days unable to get to the phone, because DDP showed up. A horrible end for him. Poor sod.

Jeezo. Horrible stuff.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

This got posted today from GONG magazine in Japan. This is the best photo I've ever seen of that night. Stunning picture.

FOOxgFJVQAYN2xZ?format=png

I might have to see about getting that printed on a t shirt. Absolutely the coolest trio and an incredible photo. 

• Paid Members

Hogan’s far from cool without Hall and Nash next to him though. That’s a testament to Hall and Nash, Hogan was pure cheese and his yellow and red babyface act had been stale for a good 4 years at that point, yet still came across cool just by osmosis standing next to those two. 

Havent posted here in a long time. 

This hit hard. Hall as Razor for me was my wrestling bubble when I obsessed with it 92-96.

Had it all, and gutted how he went out. 

I was lucky to have a few DM with him when he started ddp yoga and I was balls deep in it. 

To make matters worse it's how my mum went, though not exactly. Broken hip then dead 6 months later. 

Wasn't mates with him, didn't know him, or hang around with him yet I feel like my life will be bizaarely less without him there??? (same with rich piana) 

I hope he finds peace!!