Scott Hall passes away

Callum1993

Tbh, my recollection is probably revisionist brought on by rose tinted specs. 

You are right, and thinking about the subject I agree. Every mag for what seemed years has a "Scott fucked up again" story. 

I remember him featuring in footage of the smackdown game at the time (along with warrior) and then him getting pulled (along with warrior... Replaced by x-pac), which was a gutter!!

If. You think about it between 1998/99 when he was still capable to his tna run was what 12 years (the majority lost) 

Those golden razor!/hall years were incredibly only about 5 (3 as razor, 2 as himself) before the milk curdled!! 

If you just look at the razor period it's only 3 years. Incredible it made such a mark on the industry and our memories as fans that it in effect bought him foregiveness and fondness for about 25 years! 

20 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

It wouldn't have made sense, but Scott Hall appearing to signal the start of the Invasion always seemed like a fun idea to me.

Yeah, him coming through the crowd and saying "You know who I am, but you don't know why I am here" would have been a fun way to start the invasion, even if he didn't do much else during it.

Always surprises me when I watch his first appearance on Nitro how little the crowd react to him, it's like they don't know who he is or give a shit why he is there. Maybe it was just pure shock. Imagine a moment like this today though, the roof would blow off the place.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, The King of Old School said:

Always surprises me when I watch his first appearance on Nitro how little the crowd react to him, it's like they don't know who he is or give a shit why he is there. Maybe it was just pure shock. Imagine a moment like this today though, the roof would blow off the place.

They were too engrossed in the Mauler vs Steve Doll putting on a clinic. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, AshC said:

Larry Z was, as I recall.

Never got resolved that one, did it? Like Coventry vs St. Mirren in the 1987 Anglo-Scottish Cup.

I’d love to believe Well Dunn vs The Beverly Brothers happened on some Indy somewhere and it was made light of.

Reminds me of that terrible Nitro where Juventud was wrestling Evan Karagias and Bret just strolled into the ring to get a mic and start talking (presumably about his cat). But what made it awful was the perplexed reactions of the two wrestling, because they weren’t told Bret was going to interrupt them. Gotta make it look real, bro.

To keep it Scott, not only was he involved in the most famous non-finishes of all time, he was also in one of my favourite non-starters ever.

• Paid Members

Scott Hall also appears to go down the tunnel after he's just went through the crowd and done that promo.

I was amazed the amount of boos (albeit a very quiet chorus) he was getting before he even opened his mouth. He'd been a face in the WWE until the end of his run.

• Paid Members

This article is worth a read on that, with quotes from the 2 kids 20 years later.

https://www.wwe.com/amp/article/razor-ramon-jerry-springer-intercontinental-title-20-years-later

Sure I remember Hall talking about it years later in an interview and he said Vince wasn’t happy he’d given the IC title away until he told him the whole story. 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Razor and Vince McMang, 1993.

92650A2C-92E0-4552-BD00-A2798074F36A.gif

Very possibly the first time they started entertaining the thought of Razor as a babyface, coming out at the Manhattan Center to cut a heel promo to hype his match with Bret at the Rumble, and New York giving him the mixed reaction of the “cool heel right on the bubble.”

Hall would insist on the idea that he’d turn face by losing to a total nobody then garner sympathy from being belittled by the other heels was floated to him by Vince approx 6 months before the Kid match. It worked too, everyone despised Ted and Irwin. Fun note - that whole deal was originally going to culminate in a Razor & Kid vs Money Inc tag at SummerSlam until DiBiase gave notice, and the office decided the best way to get value from him on the way out was putting Razor over clean in singles. People whine about Kid losing to IRS but come on - Irwins about to go on the road with Razor, gotta give him some steam.

• Paid Members

No way Vince has sat through "Scarface". He's probably just about got the attention span to take a piss.

I always thought Razor Ramon was basically the guy Steven Bauer played in "Scarface". Tony Montana's buddy. Look the same, dress the same, talk the same.

Edited by bAzTNM#1