Scott Hall passes away

Callum1993

• Paid Members

It's been a crap weekend for wrestling news between this and the possibility that Big E might not be able to wrestle again. 

7 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's been a crap weekend for wrestling news between this and the possibility that Big E might not be able to wrestle again. 

He’s said it a fracture and not a break, no other damage. Not seen anything saying he is in any danger of retiring 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Louch said:

He’s said it a fracture and not a break, no other damage. Not seen anything saying he is in any danger of retiring 

Apparently the C1 vertebra doesn't always heal properly, which can lead to difficulties. I know the doctor writing in this report may not be one treating Big E, so there's likely a pinch of salt to be taken, but it's potentially still a concern. 

https://cultaholic.com/posts/doctor-believes-big-e-may-never-wrestle-again

I've been depressed all day since seeing that Kevin Nash Instagram post. Just awful, awful news. Scott Hall was my guy growing up.

Also: Scott Hall had possibly the greatest run, theme music wise, in wrestling history. Razor Ramon theme, nWo theme, Wolfpac theme, Ready or Not by the Fugees (ECW), Marvelous Me.

• Paid Members

Razor Ramon was one of my favourites growing up. Like top two favourites for a long time. It was the end of the Hogan, Warrior, Savage era when I started watching but the New Generation guys are the ones most of us probably grew up with more than anyone. And Razor and Bret were my guys back then. For most of the 90s.

Over the years there’s been stories that didn’t paint him in a good light, videos that were sad to watch etc. It’s been nice to see him turn things around in more recent years. He looked great at the HOF whichever year that was. But like Loki said, the damage was done a long time ago.

What a run though. He’s a guy who I think they could’ve easily slotted into the main event scene around 95 and he’d have been readily accepted and wouldn’t have looked out of place at all. People loved him back then. I think fans always saw him as a top guy even though he never got a run with the big belt, or even many shots at it.

The word ‘cool’ is probably gonna come up a ton in this thread but he really was.

C33-E9-C5-B-5-B38-43-AF-9-ECD-AC2961-EB8

Just look at him. On top of the look, he had that cracking entrance music, a class finisher, great punches, the toothpick thing was ace, in later years I loved that the fallaway slam thing he did was called the ‘Sack Of Shit’ backstage, a name that even made it into the Smackdown games where the move was dubbed the ‘SOS’.  And the NWO run goes without saying. I wasn’t on the internet in 96 and had no idea Razor had left the WWF. Seeing him casually strolling in during a random Mike Enos match on WCW Nitro blew my mind. 

One of my favourite throwaway stories about Hall though, was told by Chris Candido in his shoot interview. He said they were on a tour of Japan (guessing around 2001ish before Hall returned to WWE) and they ended up sat next to each other on the bus. Given the history between Candido and the Kliq, Candido thought it was gonna be awkward. Then Hall breaks the ice…

Hall: So, why were you a dick to me in the WWF?

Candido: I was a dick to you? You were a dick to me!

Hall: I knew it was one of us.

A silly nothing story but it’s always tickled me. He’s obviously had his faults and been a massive twat at times but like someone else said, for his circle of friends to have stuck by him through all that, all these years, says a lot. Especially friends in wrestling.

Hey yo. 

DE73B171-D8F4-4B35-BFFB-1F13B6D6E4BB.gif

I'd gamble Razor was the first heel I saw where I saw the vignettes and was like 'nope, not a chance I'm booing you.' Delighted when he actually became a blue eye. He beat Ted DiBiase, started to respect some young punk who nabbed a few quid off him and best yet, his character didn't actually alter like some face turns. He was still cool. He was still Razor. 

• Paid Members

Wand covered the good and the bad really well above there. It's really sad news to hear what's happening with Hall, there's no doubt about it. Hall did an awful lot of damage to himself over the years. Despite it seeming like he didn't get that long coming out the other side of it, at least he did get to come out the other side of it. He survived long enough to get clean, sober, had a chance to make amends to anyone that he needed to, and have another, whilst brief, shot at life without being completely under the control of the monkey on his back. For a long time it looked like that wouldn't be possible, and most of the guys in the business that had the same problems as Hall, never made it long enough to do any of that. I'm glad he was able to make his second chance count. 

• Paid Members

This is class, the pop, the strut, just coolness personified.

Thinking about it now, finding out Razor Ramon didn't actually have an accent might have been my first experience with wrestling not being 'legit'.

Edited by Nick James