A Slice of The UKFF

FLips

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

What’s your go-to pizza topping? We have some wronguns on here who no doubt have some right gack on their pizza. 

I’ll start us right, though it is from last night so not looking it’s best currently. Chicken, Mushroom, Pineapple and Sweetcorn.

Proved yourself right.

• Paid Members

There's a place near me that makes one with mozarella, salami napoli, ndjua, tuscan sausage, prosciutto and caramelised onion, and it's incredible.

Sometimes I just want pure filth and grease - bbq base, doner meat and jalapenos. Terrible for my guts but it's delicious. 

My favourite is the Pizza Express Gardiniera, but I like the regular version with real cheese rather than the vegan version they now do. Its tomato sauce,  mozzarella cheese, spinach, red onion, artichokes, garlic mushrooms and olives.

I sometimes leave the spinach off as I think it can be a bit soggy, I'll sometimes swap it for peppers but it doesn't need it. 

Also, pineapple on pizza is a win for me, but not on that pizza. I usually have the Garden Party at Papa John's and switch the tomatos for pineapple. Feta cheese is a top tier addition to any pizza 

Edited by deathrey

Because I've lived in Manchester for the last 22 years and there's a part of me that my wife informs me is a bit wrong, I've been able to enjoy a few left field pizzas that might apply to this topic.

One of my favourites and something I'd put in my recommendations for people to try is the Aglefino from Croma, who have a few restaurants in suburban Manchester. It's a thin pizza with a white sauce base topped with leeks, smoked haddock, Emmenthal and a fried egg. It's amazing.

When we got married we had our Wedding breakfast at a pizza place in Manchester's Northern Quarter and some of the toppings on the menu raised more than a couple of eye brows. There was a chilli steak and onion pizza, again with a white base but also grapes. There was an English Breakfast Pizza, complete with black pudding. The star of the show was the Jerk Spiced Lamb and Banana which went down an absolute storm. Everyone commented on how much they'd enjoyed stuff that they'd never put on a pizza themselves, so I'd consider that job done, although I fully expect to get ripped on here!  

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Black Pudding (it has to be Stornoway Black Pudding - a Scottish delicacy) and haggis on top of a pizza works surprisingly well, that would be my go-to choice. It's obviously something you don't find outside of Scotland, and it's one of the main reasons why I'll never move. 

I've made my own pizzas with haggis on, but in fairness I'll stick haggis with pretty much anything.

My standard from Asda's custom shop is basically a BBQ Hawaiian combo. BBQ sauce base, ham, pineapple, pepperoni, and mozzarella slices, however if I'm having one from a takeaway, I'm partial to a Helen Daniels or a Tricky Shaped Room.

11 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Croma, who have a few restaurants in suburban Manchester.

Used to live directly opposite the Chorlton one. We’d eat there, then over the road to Lloyds, which was next door to my flat, for some scoops. Highlight of the night was always cracking my “Gee I hope we can get a taxi ok” which always went down a treat. You’d think the same joke over and over again would get boring, but no, it didn’t. 

• Awards Moderator

Chicago pizza pies are the best. I’ve never really enjoyed the takeaway pizzas we get over here since I had one. They’re incredible. It’s upside-down in terms of what we’re used to. Base on top and cheese underneath.

B77CA9A5-E815-4C9C-AD3E-215B07BC14D7.jpeg.0cc82f010703e2f254c054dc3f89673d.jpeg

It’s basically a heart attack on a plate. Cheese. Cheese. Just a good inch of cheese.

We have a local pizza house that does all kinds and they’ve dipped into the Chicago market over the last year or so. Got this last weekend.

9D7C0042-3365-4113-8323-D63DE0A45261.thumb.jpeg.1c7623e47798c8fc9c183daa141b39e8.jpeg

I mean, it’s not exactly something you’d use on your Instagram to advertise your gear, but it was a solid effort from a cook who’s won a wheelbarrow full of tomatoes.

Underneath that is cheese, for the avoidance of doubt.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Thanks to my ma not knowing the difference between pepperoni and Peperami, when I was young I got handed a home-made pizza with the latter and discovered it was quite nice when cooked. I have it quite often and prefer it to a lot of the pepperoni I've bought for DIY pizzas.

I'm pretty boring otherwise and with takeaways, pepperoni and onion, sometimes doner.

I'm partial to the Chicago Town frozen pizzas, my go too's being the Cheesy Ham and Bacon Tiger Crust, the Honey BBQ Salami Tomato Stuffed Crust or the Loaded Pepperoni Tomato Stuffed Crust, the latter drizzled with maple syrup once cooked

On the odd occasion I get a Dominos I get either the Meateor or the New Yorker

I've not had an Asda create your own in years but when I did I got it with ham, chicken, pepperoni and spicy beef

My local pizza place does a really nice but greasy meat feast comprised of doner meat, chicken, pepperoni and turkey ham

Best regular weekly pizza for me was the margherita from the kebab shop on Holyhead Road in Upper Bangor. It put Bella's directly opposite and Tŷ Pizza along the same street to shame. Not sure exactly what else they put on it but it always seemed spicier than your bog standard cheese pizza. 

Bangor Uni sent me to Belgium for a semester too, to an area with a lot of people of Italian origin whose grandparents had come to work down the mines, so there was no shortage of pizza places locally. One did a mean cinque formaggi, whilst another had something on the menu they called a Canadienne that turned out to be crème fraîche on the base instead of tomato purée, with sliced potatoes as a topping. Surprisingly divine. *chef's kiss*