A Slice of The UKFF

FLips

• Paid Members

What’s your go-to pizza topping? We have some wronguns on here who no doubt have some right gack on their pizza. 

I’ll start us right, though it is from last night so not looking it’s best currently. Chicken, Mushroom, Pineapple and Sweetcorn.

68CBC4BB-96FB-4339-B4D4-EDB63E1A16F9.thumb.jpeg.3a7cf364fd166503add855a586ffb4c5.jpeg

• Paid Members

If we're getting takeaway it'll be the Papa John's BBQ Chicken (Chicken, bacon, onions and BBQ sauce) on a thin base. XXL usually. 

Shop bought is usually the Chicago Town Pepperoni with the tomato stuffed crust sauce. Glorious. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

I've gone the full circuit now - for years I was into the BBQ base, meat heavy pizzas but I've finally started to appreciate the purity of a really good, simple pizza.

My local does this, called the Bufala - 

41b642_668a6ca25bf74260804a8a0e26284c3f~

Buffalo Mozarella, Cherry Tomatoes, fresh basil.  It's incredible.  And the box isn't heavy with meat grease when it arrives.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Before I went veggie it was all how much meat I could get on one pizza. Now I realised the error in my ways. No more oily grease everywhere and I appreciate the simple yet flavoursome cheese and tomato or if I’m having veg, cherry toms, peppers and onions. 

Also the traditional Italian original of just tomato sauce and basil, no cheese, is really nice as well.

Also, best shop bought is the Chicago Town Tiger Crust 4 cheese. Never fails.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

when I was still able to eat dairy, my go-to from Dominos (not great pizza, but they delivered past 11pm and nowhere else near me did at the time) was red and green peppers, mushrooms, onions, sweetcorn, pineapple and gherkins, sometimes swapping the tomato sauce for barbecue sauce. Pretty much any combination of all that good stuff will do for me.

Though there was one time I bought a vegan pizza from a takeaway in Southampton after a gig, got it back to my hotel room, took a bite out of it and found something really solid and unchewable in there. Dragged it out of my mouth, thinking it must be a bit of either over or under-cooked something or other, to discovered that the slice I'd bitten into somehow had a massive string of staples in it. So there's one I wouldn't recommend, anyway.

Black Pudding (it has to be Stornoway Black Pudding - a Scottish delicacy) and haggis on top of a pizza works surprisingly well, that would be my go-to choice. It's obviously something you don't find outside of Scotland, and it's one of the main reasons why I'll never move. 

• Paid Members

My partner and I try a lot of different places - there are enough near us to try quite a variety. But my favourite, if I'm feeling filthy, is this little takeaway in Turnpike Lane that includes halloumi as one of their options. So, mushrooms, peppers, red onions, olives and (optionally) halloumi.

I still want someone to actually make the halloumi stuffed crust.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

We have some wronguns on here who no doubt have some right gack on their pizza.

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

Pineapple

shaking head GIF

16 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Though there was one time I bought a vegan pizza from a takeaway in Southampton after a gig, got it back to my hotel room, took a bite out of it and found something really solid and unchewable in there. Dragged it out of my mouth, thinking it must be a bit of either over or under-cooked something or other, to discovered that the slice I'd bitten into somehow had a massive string of staples in it. So there's one I wouldn't recommend, anyway.

Not Itzza Pizza, surely. I loved those guys, didn’t delete their number from my phone until about 10 years after I moved away “just in case”.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:. 

Tuna chunks are a top tier pizza topping and I'll die on my salty hill. 

Anchovies was a topping a friend actively asked for and surprisingly was alright. But Tuna on a pizza is indeed a top tier topping, works really well. 

Due to a mix of anxiety, dietary issues and me being a no cheese nonce, it’s home made at Klub Kool Keith. A gluten free base and passata for the sauce. Then for the lady, vegan cheese, pepper phoney and sliced quorn fillets with a few olives. For the gentleman, Serrano ham, salami, and some onions and peppers. 

Like a few posters, I have embraced the simplicity approach. I used to load my pizza up with all of the meat (wahey!) but now I don’t and it’s much more enjoyable.