Wrestlemania 38 - A Stupendous Weekend in Dallas

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Having two belts means you elevate two stars instead of one person working both shows, plus it fills more hours of content with each shows having their own primary champion. It's an easy way jazz up an additional match on a PPV as well. Not the most ground-breaking booking initiative or thought process, I grant you. But I think the general consensus is that there's enough room for two belts while they have 5+ hours of content to fill each week. 

I imagine somewhere in there they also try and justify the two titles because it means a champion for each of the touring rosters on the house shows. Even though one of them rarely works house shows.

10 hours ago, Vamp said:

I can't think of anything less "Stone Cold" than coming back for a tag match.

I wonder if Steve is aware of his mate Bret Hart having the last match on his CV being “John Cena & Bret Hart vs Alberto Del Rio & Ricardo Rodriguez” and thinks “Not for me, son.”

The thing they always miss is the thrill of going out in front of a live crowd. You can do that without the bell ringing.

• Paid Members

Austin accepts on the Saturday and they do the "match" on the Sunday. Some punches, the stomps in the corner, that elbow, a Thesz press attempt that gets reversed into the safest pop up powerbomb you ever saw, Owens does a stunner, then Austin does a Thesz press and his stunner, 1 2 3. Easy.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

Regardless of what this ends up being, Austin is coming in great shape.

He keeps himself in good cosmetic nick most of the time anyway. He's been posting his meal prep on IG and the big man is for sure trying to lean the fuck out. Obviously this isn't going to stop his neck being dust and his knees being like ritz crackers though. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Surely if Austin was having a match they'd be promoting the fuck out of it as it's the only thing that will actual sell a decent amount of tickets, and they know it.

“Surely.” They gave Rocks last match (wink) a hell of a build, didn’t they?

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Surely if Austin was having a match they'd be promoting the fuck out of it as it's the only thing that will actual sell a decent amount of tickets, and they know it.

You'd think so, but perhaps the tease is enough.   And don't call me Shirley.

• Paid Members

It all looks a bit shit, I think. All things considered though, I wasn't expecting it to look much better. I'll flick through both nights sometime on the Monday probably. Provided I don't go on IG first and see the whole Austin encounter inside 0:57 and the winner of the Lesnar Vs Reigns match. As for the rest? I couldn't give a scooby. 

• Paid Members

The amount of dross on those cards, it should be illegal for them to ever do the, “upper mid-carder has no clear path to Wrestlemania,” storyline ever again. Happy Corbin and Austin Theory in singles matches! To think of the amount of people they’ve released in the last twelve months!

Credit where it’s due though. Amongst all the shit Sami Zayn is putting a proper shift in promoting the Knoxville match. This Twitter thread is great.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Supremo said:

The amount of dross on those cards, it should be illegal for them to ever do the, “upper mid-carder has no clear path to Wrestlemania,” storyline ever again.

Yeah, that's one of my biggest pet hates in wresting currently. It's ludicrous to even consider that the likes of Owens & Rollins (who they've done it with this year) won't end up on the Mania card just because they didn't win the Rumble.

Newsflash - neither did all but two of the people who will end up on the card, so...

As much as I'd really like to get excited about Wrestlemania season and watch this live - I really just don't think I could be bothered with this line-up.

Quick question though - how would you fix it and what does everyone think would make a great Wrestlemania card for this year?  

Personally if they just threw together a highlight package of the best of previous Manias, I might actually be interested to watch! 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Quick question though - how would you fix it and what does everyone think would make a great Wrestlemania card for this year? 

Ask Dr Sam Beckett to leap into Vince in the following trilogy :

(1) 2010 - decide NOW that if you can only book a talent for a couple of shows a year e.g. Mania and to promote Mania, you need to not bother doing that, because you’ll rely too much on these few guys and when they’re gone, Mania will suffer badly. If this sends you into a blind panic, decide who your new stars are going to be NOW and follow through. And recognise that Mania should be your best show, not the show every loser gets a spot on despite barely featuring the previous 11 months.

(2) 2014 - decide NOW that if you’re putting stock in a huge build into Lesnar with the ultimate goal of making Reigns, that this needs completing QUICKLY so you can move on to other guys as viable main eventers. And to not let two men become the sole focus, you survived with having Cena, Orton, Batista and HHH all at the same level with a periphery of Shawn, Taker, Edge and others that could slot in. Start looking NOW at who is going to occupy the other spots.

(3) 2016 - COMMIT to the brand split being concrete between drafts unless you’re using angles or interviews at Survivors or the Rumble to build cross brand matches for Mania and only at Mania - these matches should NOT happen at Survivor Series or anywhen else and nobody should be allowed to jump between drafts so you can avoid “everyone’s wrestled everyone” and create unique matches with intrigue for exclusively Mania for years to come.

Oh boy. Shits on Evil Leaper.

Oh, fix it for real, here and now? You can’t. Horse has bolted. Chickens are coming home to roost, and other farmyard metaphors.