Wrestlemania 38 - A Stupendous Weekend in Dallas

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

solid enough

Cody adequate Rhodes.

Nowhere near a big enough deal to warrant a “surprise opponent” return at Mania and being selected by Vince. Would have been much better have him return on Raw so he can talk to a live crowd and they can figure out the response and if they have a good chance at making him into a bigger star than when he left, than sending him down the big aisle for a match and hoping for the best.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

Having not followed WWE for a while but occasionally tuned into the Rumble. Do WWE do a preview show for this? Like the AEW ones or UFC countdowns?

If anyone knows of one please post 

Yes, they do a pre-show that’s about three days long.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, kamicazze said:

They do that on the night still. As opposed to making me interested by watching a preview show a week prior. Go figure 

To be fair, “is only watching Mania because it’s Mania and doesn’t have an active interest in the weekly tv” + “wants to watch SOME content to get hyped up about it” + “doesn’t want to watch the content immediately before the show” is probably a market they haven’t really thought about. Or care about. They’ve been running 5 hours of previews a week for weeks and they’ll summarise the build on the nights beforehand. “Let’s do another preview show but only for people who want to watch Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday  before Mania” probably didn’t cross their minds.

• Paid Members

The phrasing of the buzzwords on that promo YouTube keeps forcing on me, really irks me. “The most stupendous two-night WrestleMania of all time.” …. that’s not saying much, is it? You only have two years of two-night Manias to beat. I know the intention is for “most stupendous” and “two-night” to be separate selling points, but it really doesn’t work in a single sentence.