Wrestlemania 38 - A Stupendous Weekend in Dallas

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

• Paid Members

I’m still reeling about the Womens tag team scene. Nia Jax and Tamina used to be a terrible tag team, then last year they decided to split them into two terrible teams, Nattie & Tamina and Nia & Shayna. Now from the ashes of that crap, we have Nattie & Shayna.

Fucking hell, just put a match to it.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

There are some pointless titles about, but the WWE Womens Tag Title is just ridiculous.

Splitting the Iiconics up then letting them go was ridiculous considering those belts still exist. Them vs two baby faces with nothing else on should have been the revolving door program for ages.

Flogging a dead horse with these arguments, but state of it. The actual set and the augmented reality stuff blend so much that they both render each other pointless and impossible to marvel at. Too much screen fill. We can't be that far off a fully holographic WrestleMania:

• Paid Members

I swear to god, the whole production these days just makes me want to switch off so quickly. Especially Michael Cole’s face. I just happened upon a clickbait article which described Kevin Owens as “the prizefighter” which reminded me they used to use that and how illogical it was, and exactly how long it feels like they’ve been getting so much wrong. Like, almost every aspect, from booking to commentary to graphics, it just feels like there is a complete disconnect between what the show has become to what I want to watch from a wrestling show, despite being able to enjoy many different formats from different companies, eras and countries over the last 30 years.

I feel like the theme from the Goldbergs is playing over me, as I lose less more and more interest in modern wrestling every day, and think nothing of wasting ten minutes trawling through YouTube for squashes documenting a series of wins the Warlord had over Chris Walker using a powerbomb instead of the full nelson. That’s where I am.

• Paid Members

Still can’t believe this is a real graphic. It’s like a migraine with so many words and all the different fonts, sizes and colours. Like something you’d create the first time you had a go of Microsoft Publisher in school.

50B1114F-B88A-4A8C-93BE-28A51628ABA5.thumb.jpeg.3d39ed5d561bb13afb6d8377b4f9885b.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

I was hoping the card for Mania this year was just an April Fools joke and they were going to announce the real card after midday.

Lucklustre isnt the word for WrestleMania this year.  Not interested in the show at all.

Edited by Perry

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Perry said:

I was hoping the card for Mania this year was just an April Fools joke, and they were going to announce the real card after midday.

Lucklustre isnt the word for WrestleMania this year.  Not interested in the show at all.

But I'm sure you and every other moaning sod in here will watch all 74 hours of it also. 

I’ll never understand the logic behind opening a WWE thread/watching a YouTube video/watching a show, knowing you have zero interest in the product.

It’s like me watching Coronation Street and coming online to shit all over it.

Why somebody that self admittedly says there’s “not a chance” of them watching wrestlemania, is opening a thread about WWE, specifically Wrestlemania, when he has “not a chance” of watching it, makes no sense to me.

• Paid Members

I agree, but it seems to be pretty prevalent nowadays. There are people that do the same for TV shows as well. I'm pretty sure at least 15% of Doctor Who's viewers nowadays only watch so they can go online to shit on it and say they're never watching again afterwards.